FRAUD ALERT

rozilla74

Hello CCSLC,

I just wanted to inform you of an incident that was just brought to my attention. I was contacted by someone about doing some logos for a Youth Basketball Camp in Salt Lake City about a year ago. I cannot be certain but I believe he may have contacted me through this board. He may or may not be a member here.

The simple story is that he misrepresented himself to me and did not have a youth basketball league set up. I have just learned that he has been doing the rounds and has even tried to con Joe Bosack and Dan Simon at some point.

But I did the logos (8) for a discount anyway. We established a contract and the work arrangement went along fine. I didn't think anything of it until I lost contact with him, trying to follow up on the league. My intentions for doing the work was on the up and up. I was thinking about the kids in the league since I am a father myself. Plus the logos were a good portfolio boost at the time.

Well it turns out the guy is a designer and was looking to crack trade secrets according to Joe and others who have been contacted by him. He may even be passing the work I did for him as his own in his portfolio. But I can't be certain. I just know that I did the work under false pretense. None of my logos have turned up online in my searches but I'll be keeping tabs on him.

Anyways I just wanted to let you all know in case he is a member on the boards or contacts any of you directly for potential work.

This kind of crap tarnishes the design profession and people who want to be legit and conduct business ethically. So as a professional, If I can prevent it from happening to someone else I will. And that concludes my public service announcement.

Thank you for your time,

Tony Rozwadowski

Archived