A hearty endorsement

Sterling84

Some of you may remember the thread about Silverstate55.com and the custom mini football helmets.

Some of you may also remember further back to my profanity-themed thread about my fantasy league's logos.

When those two things merge.....you've got some awesome work to see.

Silverstate55 did a marvelous job doing helmets for half of the CFL (Cheesehead Football League) teams. They should be viewable on their site in the near future but here's the link in the interim.

To anyone who doesn't know my work, some of our teams are intentionally and obviously based on real NFL identities and I take no credit or ownership over that. These are for fun alone.

My team is the Deadwood one. Note the custom nameplates and league logo at the rear. Warren did an awesome job and with short notice.

CAUTION: Proceed only if swear words do not offend you.

CFL Minis

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I was gonna get my fantasy helmet done, but didn't have the money to do it a while back...now I am seriously considering going without cable for a month in order to get one...nice work indeed

They aren't that much. $40 some bucks....with shipping. Heck, a standard NFL mini is what....$35 at least. Plus those are cheap and plastic. Warren uses rubber covered wire facemasks (like NFL authentic Minis use) and steel screws. FAR superior quality to your average mall mini.

Granted, that's provided you can supply vector artwork to print off of. Otherwise I think you may double your price.

Those rock Sterling! Nice job on the logos!

Thanks man. 'Specially coming from you...who's work I hold in high regard. As I stated, it doesn't take a genious to mod the Saints with a Q or the Steelers or make Bucco Bruce a hot young thang...but it's fun none-the-less.

My favs are my primary, and the Mighty Uber-Squirrels wordmark which is loosely based off the German cross.

Also......the Beavers full name is the Smokin' Beavers since my buddy is sort of a modern day Marlboro man. That's where that imagery comes from. Fantasy certainly does provide some interesting problems to solve for a designer.

I hope someday the CrackWhores owner gets a helmet.....I think you guys would get a kick out of that logo. It's based on the Ravens shield (again, blatant ripoff for familiarities sake) but features quadrants of symbolism...crack pipe, etc.

OK......I found an image of the aforementioned Crack logo.......

But I am warning everyone. If you don't like my Deadwood name.......you are going to HATE this logo. Be forewarned. It's wrong.

link

Nice :D

BTW, as a fellow Milwaukeean, I love how the division names are the same as the local/state microbreweries (Lakefront, Leinenkugel, and Sprecher), nice touch...

QPR%20Sig.png

BTW, as a fellow Milwaukeean, I love how the division names are the same as the local/state microbreweries (Lakefront, Leinenkugel, and Sprecher), nice touch...

You betcha!!

Plus, best regular season record trophy is the Pabst Award. Championship is the Blatz Cup.

I really love my league. I may take some pictures of the draft setup tomorrow. We've got a laptop running a projector on the wall with a realtime ticker so you know who's been taken etc. And now with the "war room" tabletop helmets we're in business. It's awesome.

I bow to the genius of the Deadwood FCS. The overall concept, the name, the logo -- it's pitch-perfect and the funniest darn thing I've seen since yesterday afternoon, when Griffey threw the ball into the ground six feet in front of himself like a t-ball player, and which almost certainly caused him to say words much like your team name.

The Deadwood logo is pure brilliance in every possible way. Seriously, I literally laughed out loud, but it goes way beyond funny in its greatness.

20082614447.png

OK......I found an image of the aforementioned Crack logo.......

But I am warning everyone. If you don't like my Deadwood name.......you are going to HATE this logo. Be forewarned. It's wrong.

link

Southside Crackwhores... :lol: Man, this league has some kinda creativity...and that FCS is entirely awesome.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Oh, and if there's any chance you could post a very large version of your Deadwood FCS logo, I would love to make it my desktop wallpaper.

You can find one here.

Archived