Full Names On Jerseys?

SteveToms

Example: Eagles have Martin Patterson and Mike Patterson. Since they both have the same last name and first initial, they have to put the full name on. It does look tacky, but one may be cut (Martin). If they do make the team though I assume the full name will stay <_<

Example: Eagles have Martin Patterson and Mike Patterson. Since they both have the same last name and first initial, they have to put the full name on. It does look tacky, but one may be cut (Martin). If they do make the team though I assume the full name will stay <_<

Ma. Patterson and Mi. Patterson would be much easier, no? And in the other thread I thought it was established that the number would be enough to differentiate the two. How hard is it, really?

my favorite is tennessee's tank williams... his jersey says TANK WILLIAMS on the nameplate.....

tank's not even his real name. clevan is. lol.

i think it looks cool on his, at least... it's different.

yeah, i also noticed that. (MIKE ANDERSON in particular). i dont really like this trend. the only time i noticed it actually making sense was with ANDRE DAVIS and ANDRA DAVIS on the Browns.

I was watching the Broncos-Colts game tonight and noticed some Broncos players had their full name's on their backs, what's up with that?

Well there is D.J. Williams and Darrent Williams...but like people have said, the numbers should be the defining difference.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hate that. I think the player should be identified by their number if he shares the same last name as a teammate and not by a first initial. When Barry Sanders wore "B. Sanders", we still knew it waws Barry and weren't confusing for Eric Sanders or any other Sanders' on Detroit at the time.

6uXNWAo.png

I was watching the Broncos-Colts game tonight and noticed some Broncos players had their full name's on their backs, what's up with that?

Anyways I thought it looked tacky

MIKE ANDERSON was the one I noticed for the Broncos. I checked their roster and they have a safety named MARQUES ANDERSON (I did not notice him so I don't know if he had his entire name on the back). My guess is if Marques Anderson doesn't make the team, Mike Anderson will go back to having just his last name on the uniform. If Marques does make the team, they'll keep it as it was against the Colts.

didn't the LA Kings have rob blake, and jason blake at the same time? #4, and #55?

they didn't put R or J... they just assumed the big defenseman and the tiny forward would be different enough :)

then you've got the dallas stars, who had the hatcher brothers for a short time... when they first got Kevin, they had K. HATCHER #4, playing on a defensive pair with HATCHER #2... then for a short time, they had K. HATCHER and D. HATCHER... then they traded Kevin for Zubov, and Derian was skating around with D. HATCHER for no reason :)

Well there is D.J. Williams and Darrent Williams...but like people have said, the numbers should be the defining difference.

What's funny there is I noticed that Darrent has his entire name on the back while DJ just has D.WILLIAMS on the back of his. That made no sense to me whatsoever.

They should just have the last names on there. The numbers can be what makes them different. Arent numbers there for a reason? We dont see penalty on Joe Smith? Its # whatever.

Now Im all for the last names on the jerseys, but First names? Ditch the First Initial thing too.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Ty Law could have his whole name and nobody would notice  :D

We had Training Camp fodder here in Buffalo like that. His jersey nameplate was "ROB LEE", but he was cut today. Oddly enough, our other "R. LEE" was cut today as well.

Archived