NBA Uniform Redesign Project

AAO

Here's a new mini project i'm working on, just to keep busy. I'll be going by 5 teams in alphabetical order. The Bobcats' had to be skipped because right now i only have Illustrator 9 and the Bobcat's logo sheet wouldn't open in Illustrator 9, so i'll have to come back to the Bobcats. Also, you can't warp text in Illustrator 9, or else i would've arched the Celtics' wordmarks and the Bulls' wordmarks. (*The Celtics' alternate wordmark is an unused wordmark copyrighted by the Celtics. The Cavs' alternate wordmark is one I created, just cancelling out the 'alier' in 'Cavaliers' to make 'Cavs'.*) I kept the same logos, just new uniform designs:

AtlantaHawks.jpg

BostonCeltics.jpg

ChicagoBulls.jpg

ClevelandCavaliers.jpg

DallasMavericks.jpg

for the most part i really like them

hawks- really really good, except for alt.

celtics- nothing to outstanding, but better than current, like the alt.

bulls-okay, but they will never change from their unis they won like 6 championships in

cavs- nothing too new, iffy on the alt

mavs- nothing to new, but i still like em

good job!

I really like the Hawks, Cavs(not to hot on the "Cavs" wordmark, I think it would look better with a full wordmark), and Mavs. The Bulls and Celtics ones are alright and would be improved alot with arched wordmarks but like you said, you can't.

The Mavs set is a vast improvement over what they have imo.

Excited to see what you do with the Wolves :P

Untitled-1.png

Hawks: I like the number font and the overall design. Maybe add more gold.

Celtics: Adding gold really works for this. Also, I really like the "Celtics" font on the black jersey. It's tough to mess with the Celtics, but I'd say this is pretty good.

Bulls: I like what they have now, but this isn't bad. Putting "Chicago" on the road jersey is an improvment

Cavs: Not enough blue on the road jersey, but it still looks sharp. The navy alternate is awesome.

Mavs: A defenite improvment. I like ditching the silver numbers on the road jersey and I really like the blue alternate.

Overall: Great job

I give you credit for all your hard work. But the template on most of them seems to be the same. And to change the Celtics is a big NO, NO! Sorry, you do not futz around with the uniforms of the most-successful basketball team in history, the 16-time World Champion BOSTON CELTICS! That would be like eliminating the Yankee pinstripes or removing the sainted "CH" from the Habs' sweaters. It just ain't done, pal. :mad::mad::mad:

love the ideas for all of them except the celtics

as a fan, i'd have a hard time swallowing such a drastic change

the black alt would be awesome to wear on sundays or something tho

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Hornets

New Orleans Zephyrs

Mobile Bay Bears

Montgomery Biscuits

Mississippi Braves

Birmingham Barons

Mississippi Sea Wolves

University of New Orleans

Tulane University

The above organizations were hit extremely hard by Hurricane Katrina. Sports can wait.

If you're a fan, or just want to help, please donate to the Red Cross.

I give you credit for all your hard work. But the template on most of them seems to be the same. And to change the Celtics is a big NO, NO! Sorry, you do not futz around with the uniforms of the most-successful basketball team in history, the 16-time World Champion BOSTON CELTICS! That would be like eliminating the Yankee pinstripes or removing the sainted "CH" from the Habs' sweaters. It just ain't done, pal. :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Dude, it's an experiment. Ian is far more a veteran of these boards than you and certainly knows the Celtics history. Hell, the Celtics even created an altenate jersey last year and it looked real nice, so I guess you can fool with the Celtics and have it look good. You might not remember, but way back when, the Celtics used uniforms with a font similar to the one Ian used here, along with the clover logo, so if anything, he is putting some ancient history back into the BoCelts uniforms. And upon a quick five second inspection, I can tell that none of these uniforms has the same template.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I give you credit for all your hard work. But the template on most of them seems to be the same. And to change the Celtics is a big NO, NO! Sorry, you do not futz around with the uniforms of the most-successful basketball team in history, the 16-time World Champion BOSTON CELTICS! That would be like eliminating the Yankee pinstripes or removing the sainted "CH" from the Habs' sweaters. It just ain't done, pal. :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Dude, it's an experiment. Ian is far more a veteran of these boards than you and certainly knows the Celtics history. Hell, the Celtics even created an altenate jersey last year and it looked real nice, so I guess you can fool with the Celtics and have it look good. You might not remember, but way back when, the Celtics used uniforms with a font similar to the one Ian used here, along with the clover logo, so if anything, he is putting some ancient history back into the BoCelts uniforms. And upon a quick five second inspection, I can tell that none of these uniforms has the same template.

thanks for covering that one up for me tempest, appreciate it. And actually yea, the wordmark on the Celtics' alt is straight from their NBA logosheet...that is an official wordmark property of the Celtics, and i wanted to use it for the alt. And if bulldog truly believes the templates are the same, he doesn't know a damn thing about uniform design. but keep the c&c coming guys...

The only one I dont think is amazing is the Cavs alternate. I still like it but its just not as good as the rest. I dont think the piping looks so good on that jersey.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

bulls-okay, but they will never change from their unis they won like 6 championships in

good job!

is that a turd on that guys helmet

ATL

good job!

is that a turd on that guys helmet

a turd? get out of 2nd grade...it's a freakin sasquatch and i take pride in it, as tgis guy should take pride in those nba unis he made!

Archived