Minnesota Vikings Alternate Jersey Concept

uniguy22

The Vikings have lots of yellow in their logo but don't use it much in their jerseys. I thought I would try it out for an alternate, because I think yellow and purple look good together(LSU), and because no team in the NFL has a yellow jersey. This was done in paint (thanks to flame of atlanta for the template). C & C please.

vikingsalt.png

Not too shabby. I'd like to see the collar and the trim around the sleeves purple, just to set it off a little bit, and maybe a bit of white somewhere in the numbers. Good job!

Damn good job overall, uniguy22, but maybe purple pants?

I tried purple pants but it didn't look too good. The Vikings have never had purple pants and I didn't want to completly change the look. Thanks for the comments everyone.

once upon a time when the team first started, the Viking had purple pants they wore with the white jerseys. Then the fateful game between the Lions occured, when one of the teams, I cant remember who was at fault, they forgot the correct jerseys, and it was too hard to continue both wearing white, so the Vikes had to change to purple jerseys with purple pants for the second half. To avoid another atrocity like this, the purple pants have never seen the light of day again. Too bad, I kinda want to see purple pants now, not all purple though, thats bad.

And thus was the beginning of the All one color trend... 40 years later.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Damn good job overall, uniguy22, but maybe purple pants?

I tried purple pants but it didn't look too good. The Vikings have never had purple pants and I didn't want to completly change the look. Thanks for the comments everyone.

once upon a time when the team first started, the Viking had purple pants they wore with the white jerseys. Then the fateful game between the Lions occured, when one of the teams, I cant remember who was at fault, they forgot the correct jerseys, and it was too hard to continue both wearing white, so the Vikes had to change to purple jerseys with purple pants for the second half. To avoid another atrocity like this, the purple pants have never seen the light of day again. Too bad, I kinda want to see purple pants now, not all purple though, thats bad.

And thus was the beginning of the All one color trend... 40 years later.

Thanks for the history. I never knew that and I can say that I'm glad that happened, because I don't like the all one colour unis and I'm glad that the Vikings won't be wearing them.

Wow, the purple pants with the gold jerseys look fantastic. And I usually don't like dark pants with light jerseys unless the jerseys are white (example -- the Bengals with the black pants and orange jerseys).

This looks REAL good.

Now that I know the Vikes did wear purple pants, I decided to try it out. I personally like the white pants better. What do you guys think?

vikingsaltv3.png

I think those look great, although I would go with white or purple leggins. The purple-yellow-purple-yellow is a little loud.

[Marv Albert] YES!! [/Marv Albert] I love that look! BTW, aren't the socks usually white on top and team colored on the bottom on the NFL uniform?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Archived