LA Kings Concept

Pat

LIKE: the new striping; the new "LA" monogram on the shoulders; the purple alt.

DON'T LIKE: something other than a crown is the primary crest; the diagonal "KINGS" in Rangers style (that font doesn't lend itself to such a design); the left chest monogram on the alts (where's the captain's "C" going to go?).

WOULD LIKE TO SEE: new number/letter font, something more befitting royalty; a little gold in place of silver or black - gold conveys royalty more than silver.

All in all, I like it a little bit.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Hmm. Not bad. As a Kings fan, I'm almost obligated to like it, but it's really not bad at all.

The offset LA superimposed on the sticks looks a little awkward (maybe just have them at the same level). And placing that design over the heart (where the C's and A's go) is strange. I love the striping along the hem, but I'm puzzled at why the crown was not included in this set. IMO, it's the better of the two logos they currently have.

Good work, anyway. :D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The offset LA superimposed on the sticks looks a little awkward (maybe just have them at the same level).

I see what you mean. I did however try that and it looked really weird to me, so I went back to this.

but I'm puzzled at why the crown was not included in this set. IMO, it's the better of the two logos they currently have.

Simple for me. I love the crest logo and despise the crown logo. I hate that thing, so I axed it.

As for the Rangers esque alt. At first I didnt think the font would work. But it looks sort of cool IMO, very different. So I tried it out, and I think it looks sharp. As for the LA Crest thing where the C/A would normally go..........

I thought the LA thing would have to be included somewhere. I wanted it to read in a way, LA Kings. The logo I made the primary definately should have gone on the shoulders. So I think it looks good there. I think that the Captain could have a C instead of an LA over the sticks, likewise with the Assistants only with an A. That would be unique.

Come on people more comments!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I wanted it to read in a way, LA Kings. The logo I made the primary definately should have gone on the shoulders. So I think it looks good there. I think that the Captain could have a C instead of an LA over the sticks, likewise with the Assistants only with an A. That would be unique.

Having every Kings player on the ice wear an insignia with letters on their left chest would completely defeat the purpose of the captain and assistants wearing distinguishing marks. The referees want to quickly identify who should and should not be speaking with them, and the "LA" would look like a "C" or an "A" - especially with purple letters on a black jersey - unless you're looking far too closely. The designated players need to stand out, which doesn't happen with this idea.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I wanted it to read in a way, LA Kings. The logo I made the primary definately should have gone on the shoulders. So I think it looks good there. I think that the Captain could have a C instead of an LA over the sticks, likewise with the Assistants only with an A. That would be unique.

Having every Kings player on the ice wear an insignia with letters on their left chest would completely defeat the purpose of the captain and assistants wearing distinguishing marks. The referees want to quickly identify who should and should not be speaking with them, and the "LA" would look like a "C" or an "A" - especially with purple letters on a black jersey - unless you're looking far too closely. The designated players need to stand out, which doesn't happen with this idea.

Very good point. I guess I didn't think over that reason long enough. Im not sure where they could be placed. FOrtunately its not a tough decision considering its just a concept!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

It might just be me, but is the lion in the primary logo wearing sunglasses?

He always has been.....that, and awkwardly holding the stick (must be the lack of opposible digits) while simultaneously stepping on a puck. Yeah, it's odd.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived