Richmond Ravage Concept

Richmond Ravage

Brutally honest, eh?

Oh my God my eyes! My eyes! It burns! That red and that blue, right on top of each other, would induce seizures if you showed it on Japanese TV. Unless sending the cream of Asia's youth into comas is part of your secret plan to take over the world, you might want to rethink your choice of colors, or at least make sure you don't put the blue and the red right next to each other without some white or black between them. Try a darker blue, or a deeper red, or both.

Also, I like Bullpen 3D as much as the next guy -- probably more; Bullpen is one of my favorite fonts right now -- but it completely doesn't work here. Thanks to that big, blocky "Richmond," your logo strikes me like a novel by one of those writers everyone buys out of habit, not because he's any good. You know, where the cover screams in 300-point type, "DAN BROWN," under which the title of the book is printed in type smaller than the back of your bank statement. It doesn't help that "Ravage" is written in a spindly little font that doesn't look at all like what I think of when I think of ravaging as an activity. That's more of a slash than a ravage, but the point is that it absolutely disappears from view next to the giant, blocky Bullpen type. Plus the "Ravage" font makes me think of Prince's "Purple Rain," which I imagine isn't quite the effect you're hoping for.

Also, what is "ravage"? I really don't think of junkyard dogs when I think about ravaging. I think of barbarians. Scythians, Vandals, Goths, Vikings, those folks knew how to ravage. In the animal kingdom, I think of the smaller, more vicious animals like wolverines or, um, wolverines. Dogs and wolves really don't do that much ravaging; they don't have to. But an animal like a wolverine or a hyena has to make up with snarling ravage-osity what it lacks in pure bone-crushing, throat-ripping takedown power. Oh! Pihrannas. Pihrannas ravage. Again, a small animal that makes up for its diminutive size with sharp teeth and maniacal ferocity.

For a name like ravage, I'd expect to see a darker, blood red, bleached-bone white, and maybe black or brown as a highlight color. North Carolina light blue just doesn't say "ravage" to me.

But keep in mind that I'm overstating myself just a bit -- OK, more than just a bit -- purely in hopes of living up to your request for "brutal" honesty.

20082614447.png

I echo just about everything BallWonk said.

I just can't get past the colors you used. My eyes are bleeding a little bit, actually. If you're going with a team name like "Ravage," you'd better have a really dark theme to the logo to match the mood of the mascot.

And yes, I looked at all the concepts you have posted there. Rework the colors, and while you're at it, try a few concepts having nothing to do with a wolf/dog, too.

Archived