Remembering 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina Logo

shadesofblack

hey...heres something i thought of and used for a request for someone....i did 3 different versions all showcasing the twin towers and (1) Used the carolina hurricanes logo and recolored it and put it on the stripes of the american flag, (2) put the damaged superdome with the city background of new orleans and (3) the same superdome only this one has the hurricane warning flag....i left the outline blank because i didnt know what colors to add.....if anyone can sharpen it up that would be good....because all i had to use was MSpaint and paint show pro...so yea...C & C would be greatly greatly appreciated :D

9-11 and Hurricane Katrina LOGO

One question: Why are we remembering the hurricane itself? That's like saying we remember the terrorists (ie the thing that did the damage) on 9-11. We don't remember Japan on December 7, we remember Pearl Harbor. Wouldn't it be September 11, 2001 and New Orleans that we are remembering?

Linking the 2 events is not a good idea.

For one thing, the events are dissimilar outside of the common denominators of destruction and loss of human life. One was a premeditated, coordinated terrorist attack on an American landmark emblematic of our commercial prowess. The other was a force of nature that we all saw coming and were powerless to stop. People who had a means of evacuation often did, as they were given ample warning and time to do so. Those who couldn't, or didn't, faced the wrath of the storm. The loss of life and destruction is heartwrenching, but people who lived there acknowledged that a scenario like this playing out was always a possibility when you live in a city that sits below sea level, bordered by a river on one side and a lake on the other.

For another, the relief efforts should be focused entirely on the people in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and western Florida right now. Linking this to an event that occurred 3 years ago removes part of the focus from those who need our help right now. This would be like linking 9/11 to Pearl Harbor because they were both premeditated attacks on US interests. Let the focus be on the Gulf Coast, and leave NYC out of it.

For a third, you completely omit a lot of people affected by both tragedies. Lives were lost in Pennsylvania and in Washington on 9/11. Lives were lost in Mississippi and Alabama during Hurricane Katrina. To boil these tragedies down to NYC and the Superdome is a grave injustice.

For a fourth, I can't think that the Carolina Hurricanes want to be associated with all this destruction and death. Their logo has no place on this concept.

When all is said and done, your heart is in the right place, but this concept is 100% wrong and should not be pursued in the directions you're trying to take it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

wow....after these 2 comments i have really had my eyes open....i have really messed this one up....everyone is right...and i have went about this all wrong...waaaay wrong....and im sry to anyone if it offended ....i would still like to see other comments but im definatly gonna rework this...thanks everyone for the insight

wow....after these 2 comments i have really had my eyes open....i have really messed this one up....everyone is right...and i have went about this all wrong...waaaay wrong....and im sry to anyone if it offended ....i would still like to see other comments but im definatly gonna rework this...thanks everyone for the insight

Yeah, you should just die for making that!

Kidding... :)

Make two separate graphics and you're golden. But putting them together and perhaps remembering the wrong things seems like a bad idea.

Now go donate!

The Hunger Site

http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

Mercy Corps

http://www.mercycorps.org/?source=0101

Red Cross

http://www.redcross.org/

Network For Good

http://www.networkforgood.org/

Nah, no offense or anything like that - at least for me. And like I said, your heart is absolutely in the right place. But you just took a direction that'd backfire on you. If you work on it, the right answer will find you.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Okay, so I just got word that I'm more than likely going to the Saints-Panthers game next weekend. Two of the most tragic events ever to occur in American history, and definitely two of the most recent ones, are being represented in one of the teams playing and the date that the game is being played on.

What I'd like to do is have a t-shirt that I'm going to wear to the game, that features elements remembering both Hurricane Katrina and September 11, 2001.

The problem is...I'm on a brand new computer in my college dorm, and my copy of Illustrator is on my old computer at home.

I'd be extraordinarily gracious to someone if they could make a design for me to put on a t-shirt and wear to the game. Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who can help.

that was the request...so i went with that in mind....just if anyone wanted to know

Is it just me or is there a recolored Carolina Hurricanes logo in one of them?
(1) Used the carolina hurricanes logo and recolored it and put it on the stripes of the american flag

Yeah, but I think he kind of covered that one already.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Okay, so I just got word that I'm more than likely going to the Saints-Panthers game next weekend. Two of the most tragic events ever to occur in American history, and definitely two of the most recent ones, are being represented in one of the teams playing and the date that the game is being played on.

What I'd like to do is have a t-shirt that I'm going to wear to the game, that features elements remembering both Hurricane Katrina and September 11, 2001.

The problem is...I'm on a brand new computer in my college dorm, and my copy of Illustrator is on my old computer at home.

I'd be extraordinarily gracious to someone if they could make a design for me to put on a t-shirt and wear to the game. Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who can help.

that was the request...so i went with that in mind....just if anyone wanted to know

You may have better luck posting your request on the "Requests" board, if you haven't done so already. People browse there looking for people's requests more often than here.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived