Webdav challenge: september

webdav

webdav challenge : September 2003

NEW RULES - please note

In order to be able to make this webdav challenge the easiest to judge and easier on me to host, there are new rules.

I will post a template before September 1st to put your designs into. This template will have a place for team name as well as blanks spaces for: primary logo, secondary logo, tertiary logo, primary wordmark, secondary wordmark, lettermark. It will also have spaces for uniforms (home/away/alternate.) A space will also be provided for you to explain the origin of the name you chose. There will be no entries accepted that are not sent as Illustrator files, in the template. Zero, none, nada. No gifs. No jpgs. Why? It makes my life easier and they scale better for insertion into the website, which makes YOUR WORK look better.

But this contest has got to get back to it's roots. This is a contest about doing research on an area, picking a good name and making a good logo for it. This is meant to inspire creativity while giving everyone a chance to show of professional skills. That is why this contest was started.

Since we only have 10 slots for a poll, only 10 entries will be accepted. I don't want to put a time limit on people because this is intended to be a contest where people will tweak and make logos better until they are the best they can be. So I will select the 10 I feel are the best of the entries we get to be in the poll. I will show the others, and if people think i'm way off in my judgement, I'll consider changing the poll.

For those of you who question that your logos CAN be tweaked to get better, just look at nitroseed's Bobcat logo. It's even better now with new MSU Bobcat colors (I don't think that's been posted yet.) So it CAN be made better. Take a step back, store your ego and make it better!

Brief rules summary of the rules: Only the 10 best entries (in my opinion) sent as Illustrator files in the template I set up will be accepted.

OK, now the moment you've been waiting for:

The September 2003 webdav challenge: Pittsburgh, PA NBA Basketball. An instant rival for the Sixers. A city with lots of history, lots of industry, lots of pride. So let's see what you guys can do!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this sounds great I even have a possible name. Since the Klodike (sp?) Bar was invented in Pittsburgh, how about the Pittsburgh Polar Bears. This one will be better than my last one, I have a higher version of illustrator plus I've used it a little more than once.

Also, how many gold and black logos will there be???

:(  well it looks like webdav challenge runs are near end...no illustrator, my PC doesnt support it. but maybe i'll get into a collabaration effort and get at least some glory  :;):

Your PC doesn't support Illustrator??

Not that I've actually gotten a chance to enter one of these to start with (I haven't gotten to do much design work at all lately, and the one that I did spend some time on got shot down then outshined by nitro... anyway...) , but the Illustrator-only mandate will likely keep me out of these for the near future.  I don't have the time to teach myself how to properly use Illustrator right now; the instances I've tried to use it in the past have been disastrous.

Ah, well, like I said, not like I've had the time to do enough design work to enter one anyway.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Cool.

Can't wait to start.  Now, I just have to think of something.

For what it's worth......if any of you have Flash....5 or MX....you can paste flash images (VECTOR) into Illustrator (VECTOR) and then save that as an .AI file.

That of course, dependent on you finding Flash easier to draw in...which I do.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

A possible way to go with the name might be the Pittsburgh Stealers (linking in with Basketball and the local industry, and bringing in the NFL team!!) Its a bit corny though!

Basketball names are tough I think coz the normal tough image doesnt always work, something quick and sleak and lean is sometimes better. (maybe Gazelles or something like that??) And there is no NBA team called the Giants (again corny but when you are struggling!!) Maybe if you wanna go the black and yellow route wasps or bees or something like that????

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived