San Diego Chargers Logo

RedFalcon7

Who cares if he borrowed the Broncos logo? It's all fake anyway.

What I don't like is the helmet in the shield. It's just a generic Chargers helmet picture inserted in there for no reason. I'd remove it and insert some kind of design incorporating an "SD." It might look cool if you use the Padres "SD."

I give it a solid B+.

And yes, powder blue would be a bajillion times better. Derka Derka.

:rolleyes: .

So beause it's fake, the point about slapping Bronco design elements onto a division rival's logo is OK? This is a concepts board. They may be fake, but keep in mind many people here are designers who use this as a sounding board to try out new ideas. Many people get paid for their efforts, and more importantly, they are sensitive about stealing others' works.

While I like the concept, there is no denying he borrowed one team's logo and put it with another team's colors. If he came up with a horse along those lines but made it unique, people wouldn't have as much to critique.

Now you want to borrow from a 3rd team? This is typical of what is becoming an endemic problem here: mixing and matching elements indiscriminately and calling it a viable concept. None of it is the original work of the designer; he is simply taking what others did and combining them in a new way.

Like I said, it's a good idea, but I'd like to see an original horse instead of borrowing another team's designs, because it detracts from what could be a decent concept. But don't compound the problem and criticize those who rightly pointed out this discrepancy.

EDIT: Look HERE to see exactly what I meant, 655321. You can do a revised horse - and even put it in the shield, with all the other things that RF7 had in his idea - without stealing from the Broncos' logo. RF7 has a great idea, but there are better ways to execute it than to cut & paste from other teams' existing designs, and that's the point many of us made.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Okay guys, thanks for the feedback now i have some comments of my own... :ninja:

i understand i used the broncos logo, sorry its so offensive but i dont have the talent to modify or create a new horse for the chargers, i figured the broncos logo is the easy way out... i also like the idea of using the SD instead of the helmet but i get all my logos from this site since they work better than most others in my photostudio program and does anyone see the SD here? if so please email it to me... and i understand my lightning bolt looks odd, i dont have the resources or talents needed to make a straight lightning bolt like the one on their pants... sorry guys... just thought it might make a good idea seeing as how it would never happen, if anyone wants to fix it up, feel free because i think itd look good on their sleeves and they could put the numbers on their shoulders.... thanks again, HuTcH

It's clear that you had no malicious intent. And I doubt if anyone is repremanding you for that. But I think it's safe to say that people in this forum have a much greater respect for concepts that are the original work of the designer. Certainly you can draw inspiration from current logos and change them up a bit. Try to keep straight "copy and pasting" to a minimum.

It seems to me that you are not very confident in your artistic abilities, at least on a digital realm. Don't worry about it looking absolutely professional. My Rollag Steamers logo was made in MSPaint. But I originally drew the logo on paper and then scanned the image and traced over the lines. If you have access to a scanner, that might be a way to go. Keep in mind that many designers here also are professional. Clearly you have some talent with Paintshop Pro (or whatever "high-end" program you use). Get some practice with your original work. I would love to see your true vision of this concept. Keep at it and you will be rewarded in more ways.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I'm with those who are saying your concept wasn't offensive. But you may be surprised by what you can do. From the time I was a lurker here until the time I had the courage to let the world see my ideas until now, my ideas have become much more refined. And I am still working exclusively in MSPaint. I have PS7 but I have been too busy to even try it, and it'll take a while before I am comfortable. Honestly, I am a pen & ink drawer myself and it takes time with digital media, time I don't have. But let it fly, and see what you can do, rather than the safe or easy way out.

That said, see what you can do with your own "SD/bolt" idea. Make it your own, and if you're lucky enough to get good, objective critiques, maybe you can pick up some useful tips and tricks of the trade.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

QUOTE (BuddyLane @ Friday, September 9th, 2005 - 08:08:40)

Great idea, let give the Chargers a new logo with their division rival Broncos logo in it.

You need to relax. It's an original idea and it has character. I didn't see you post anything. 

Take it you haven't been long. I do post stuff of my own.

Nope. Sorry. I had other things to do. Didn't feel like researching your stuff. By the way, "Take it you haven't been long." ???

Bengalssuck.jpg

Archived