Chargers Secondary Concept

cyandlux

This is from the thread San Diego Chargers Logo Old Idea, New Concept in which I said:

"I think the chargers would be cool if they emphasized the horse. Id like to see a horse as a secondary on the shoulder or something. Bringing back the shield might be okay too as a primary. But I like the bolts on the helmet. Its one of the best helmets in the league. The horse would just help them to "update" their look.

sung in the tune of "Mr Ed theme song:

But not the Broncos horse of course of course unless youre a complete retard :P"

SDchargers1.jpg

Now the problem is is that it looks TOO BONCROS-like. C&C and help please!

It's not bad. Maybe if it was combined with the shield it'd look alright. I'm not too sure about the horse on the shoulders though. If they keep the bolt-helmets (which I think they should) they should keep the bolts as the stripes on the unis. I think that the primary logo just needs to be changed. Good work on the non-Broncos horse.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Keep 'em both. The jaw bolt looks sharp - almost Harry Potteresque with his scar - and the mane bolt would look too subtle without a more overt lightning bolt reference. This looks awesome; can't wait for a wordmark!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The eye is now more "cat eye" than "horse eye". Intimidating, but out of place. This may be completely unfeasible, but any way to incorporate lightning bolts in the horse's eyes, like Raiden from Mortal Kombat? I'm thinking out of the box... B)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, I got rid of the "heroine chic" looking eye and went back to more simple. Also did a lot of research :D finally :wacko: I dont know why cracking open a book took me so long, I need to learn to do that immediately.

SDchargers5.jpg

The Broncos Comments (not meant to be mean): To answer this I must say that I am trying to match the chargers bolt logo for consistency, which has white on the inside, then blue and yellow outlines. Yes, that is similar to the Broncos...which I said I was having troubles getting away from and that I think adds to it...hopefully this one is on its way. I want this to also have its own style and not look like the Broncos, of course, which I hope is coming out now that it is further along.

Really diggin' this, cyan.

One thought that may help: the Broncos' horsehead contains a lot of curved lines. Since the Chargers' lightning bolt has a lot of sharp, angular lines, maybe you could incorporate more straight lines into this concept - maybe at the mane and neckline, where you can be a little freer with your lines?

It may be worth a try, but I'd be reluctant to screw with this too much more - it came out really well.

2007nleastchamps.png

Whoa! Steady! You definately have improved upon the origianl redition. I think there has been a bit too much of a good thing. The teeth are not doing it for me. Niether is the eye. Although an improvement over the "cat eye," I like the eye in the 2nd redo the best. I love the bolt accentuating the jaw line. Personally I'd like you to go back to the 2nd or 3rd ones you submitted as a base. I think the more recent concepts are a bit too busy. Just not jiving with me. This is some great work though cyandlux, but I think you had it. Keep it up!

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived