Concepts on hold

CrookedThumb

I got my computer upgraded to Mac OS 9.2.1. Unfortunately, Clarisworks stopped making and opening GIF (or jpeg, html, etc.) documents. So until I figure out how to make and open GIF documents, I can't make anymore concepts. Any suggestions on what I should do are greatly appreciated, but I'm not that computer savvy. So be specific.

You could do that, but you would probably wanna shoot your foot for waistin all that money.

Fact is, ClarisWorks, maybe now apple works, does open gifs and jpegs. Chances are, on the open screen it has a pulldown menu that says file format somewhere. The default is to just open documents of its own kind, however, you can pull it down and change it to all.

Dude, just get GraphicConvertor - it'll open anything.

But KSEP50 is right about the XTND Translators... either do that or reinstall ClarisWorks.

DON'T buy a PC, unless you want headaches like this on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to bring up a topic that was weeks ago, but I think I know the problem. I have Clarisworks 5.0 now, and I think there is a different way of saving internet documents that in previous versions. Does anyone know how to save documents as webpages or as .gif documents in 5.0?

I have a suggestion, I am not condoning this or endorsing it but a birdy once told me to got to limewire.com and download it.  then search for programs to "sample" such as popular Macromedia and adobe made products.  be sure to type in "Program name.. OS X" or "Program name.. Mac" in the search and look for the .sit file

Archived