London 2012

shadesofblack

Well after what i saw was picked as the Vancouver logo i decided to come up with my own logo (which i already posted). Then once i found out that London would be the host of the 2012 olympics i decided to come up with an idea for a logo. I posted a bulitin here asking ppl what they thought of when they heard london. most said Big Ben but i thought it was too obvious. well....after a lot of thinking i figured it really was a major sight in london and represented the city well. so i used it. I colored the tower with bronze and silver for the medals but only left gold on top to signify it as the pinical of acheivement. the word mark i tryed to represent the london underground sign. also on some of them i put a streak of blue and red for a few reasons. 1-the blue and red are part of the UK's flag in which london is a major city. 2- the blue representing the thames river and the red to represent a flame like the olympic torch. i made 3 versions. one is just the logos, 1 is the logo with a shadow, and 1 is one where i messed around in paint shop pro with effects. PLZ tell me what u think. any C & C is greatly appreciated and sry for the long intro lol :P

LONDON LOGOS

LONDON LOGOS WITH SHADOW

LONDON LOGOS WITH EFFECTS

Well, the good news is that I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Anyway, I like the idea behind all of them, but the execution isn't that good. The Tower looks too cartoony and at the same time too complex. If I remember right, all the last ones were simple lines and stuff.

Secondly, I don't like the rings having the insides filled white, they work much better clear.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The London Olympic logos should have the Eiffel Tower on them, just to take another dig at the French.

HA! :D

As for the concept, I'm conflicted. I like the tower idea, and the color scheme. But Cy-Joe said it about as well as anyone could - it's both cartoony and overly detailed at the same time. Most Olympic ideas tend to be much more abstract representations of simpler things, like a snowflake, a star or a flame. It may be very difficult to represent such a prominent landmark in an abstract way.

Not diggin' the linear rings either. It may have been done, but it makes this look less appropriate for the Olympcis. I can't remember what other linear ring logos looked like, but in 2005, I can't see the almighty IOC letting someone tamper with their iconic logo.

The font is a little stark for the games, especially all black and white. If I had to pick a London font, I'd think Trebuchet MS, or the font they use for the signage for the London Underground. Very easily identified with London.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it looks too clip art-ish, for lack of a better term. It just looks like you threw it all together instead of designed each element off of each other. Using Big Ben is a good start, but it looks like you spent about 15 minutes on it. And I agree it should be more abstract, take a look at these to see what everyone's talking about.

beijinglogo.jpgSydney_Olympics_logo.gif

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

heres a new...somewhat abstract idea. i dont really think its good...i mean its ok but idk...something seems to be missing or too much or idk....this is a hard thing to draw a logo on so im trying my best. also its done with paint and paintshop pro but thats no excuse. idk...i think ill be done with this subject after this one idk tell me what u think...

New London olympic logo

(sry that its small....idk why...and my photoshop subscription ran up so i cant crop/edit/etc like the others...sry again)

Better. Definitely better. My favorite is the top right, although I am not sure what the bicolored red/blue dart represents. I'd still simplify the clock face - a lot of similar colors that they wouldn't want to mas-produce for merchandise. Simplicity rules these concepts so they can be reproducible.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Your more abstract logos are better, but I don't like how you abandoned the idea of making the black ring the outline for the clock. That was a great idea, it just didn't work when you put all the rings in a straight line. You gotta find some way to make it work with the normal staggered rings (3 on top, 2 on bottom).

Archived