Minnesota Vikings Concept

Audiodrama

Haven't done an NFL concept in a few months, so I thought I'd toss one together. I spent a few hours on this one, I think it's really solid. Yes, I did add black, but sparingly. I changed the yellow to a bit of a Vegas-gold, but still careful not to make the uniforms too St. Louis Ram-ish. I also added some satin accents to the viking horns on the helmet and main logo, and changed the number font on the jerseys. Anyway, that's enough explanation, there are some more changes I didn't mention -- C&C welcome as always.

vikings.gif

I like this concept a lot. A couple things I would change:

1) With the white jerseys, I'd rather see a white main stripe with gold trim. Same idea on the gold jerseys - a gold main stripe with purple trim. I think the biggest stripe should match the jersey color.

2) I think a brighter gold would work better than the brownish-gold you've used here.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Pretty good. I would like to see the ucla stripes added to the purple jersey, just for uniformity. Also, I'm not sure about the number font. How about something where the 'tails' of the numbers (like the bottom left of a 9 for example) taper off into points (kind of like the Viking horn)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ho. Lee. %$#).

:notworthy:

Hey I know a Chinese guy who named his kids that

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

These are good concepts. One minor thing, though. The away and alternates have the UCLA-like stripes on the shoulders...the homes don't have those. If that's on purpose, then no worries.

problay on purpose, considering thats how it is in real life too. ^_^

this is a nice concept, it really is, but as a Vikings fan, I have to say no to the vegas gold. Keep it yellow gold.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Unwind does it again. Solid work!

My only complaint is the Vegas gold alt. Metallic jerseys don't look right on the field. I never took to the Saints' gold, and the 49ers won't put their fashion jersey on the field. I know some college teams do it, and that's fine. But maybe that's why I see the gold alt and think "very collegiate".

The rest of it is solid. I don't understand why the Vikings' don't use "Colts" striping on the home purple jerseys - on your concept, I can see them looking extremely good with white/Vegas gold striping - but I like how you adhered to this unique convention. Unsure of using the Texans' numbers, but you make them work here with the outlines; maybe there is a more Nordic-looking font that would be unique and legible?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Awesome. Simply... Awesome.... Unbefreakinleavable......

That is exactly what the vikings need, love the replacement of yellow with gold, love the new numbers, love the double outline, love the purple pants, love the new stripe design... my only suggestion is to make the stripes on the away pants gold, white, gold.... Everything else is absolutely perfect...

Archived