Redskins gone?

FSU

I hope not to turn this into another PC thread. If you want that go back a couple of pages and read it. I think we wore out on that, is the only PC thread that I remember (and I may have forgot) that hasn't stopped because of being locked.

Anyway. I don't think changing the name to Warriors would do it. It might do it if they went to a theme like the Golden State Warriors, but not if they kept the spears. The PC people might say it would work, and for some maybe it would, but the leaders of that group would keep pressing for the logos and maybe name to be changed even after. For instance, if the University of Illinois Fighting Illini dropped The Chief like the PC people who started this wanted, they'd say good, now change your name, not thank you were done.

Didn't people make some kind of drug related moan about the Wizards after the Bullets changed?? I think some people would moan whatever!

Given the Redskins is such an historic name I say keep it but somehow make some kind of concession in another way to the native american community. (I don't know how exactly!!!) If the Redskins change it would just increase the pressure on a whole bunch of teams (Chiefs, Indians etc. not to even think about the college teams), and at the end of the day what is it gonna do to improve the lot of your average native american?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived