Network Logos

Your Name Here

Choose your favorite network logo  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally would go with the NBC peacock. For some reason, I've always had a strange loyalty to NBC. It could be because so many of my favorite childhood shows were on that network, e.g. Knight Rider, the A-Team, Remington Steele, etc. And of course there was the Game of the Week. It really messed with me when baseball, which had always been on NBC, moved to CBS and basketball, which had always been on CBS, moved to NBC. I never really stayed up that late on Monday nights, so I must not've noticed ABC. Anyway, what say you?

180px-Pbs_logo_low.png

150px-ABC.jpg

125px-Large_NBC_logo.png

150px-Cbseye.jpg

150px-Upn_logo.jpg

Fox_Broadcasting_logo.jpg

TheWB...logo.gif

NBC Red: Blah.

NBC Blue: Ok

PBS: Too 80's

CBS: AHH! STOP LOOKING AT ME!

UPN: Just like their shows, in the toilet.

Fox: Boring, just like 90% of their crap.

The WB: Just like their movies/TV shows..same old crap.

At least some of them live up to their content.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The CBS logo may scare some people, but there's no denying its timeless quality (it was first designed over 50 years ago)

Growing up, I never realized that it was an eye. Since someone pointed it out to me, I've never been able to really look at it because of the eye - staring thing. Freaks me out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At least with the UPN and NBC logos, it looks like they tried. Gotta go with the peacock overall though. The CBS logo is a bit too creepy, and if they really wanted it to look like an eye, why'd they have to go and make it round?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

There's something extraordinary about the NBC logo that allows it to use seven colors but not look like shart.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I work for an ABC affiliate, so I should be partial to our logo. But honestly, it's boring.

The only time it looked interesting was when ABC had they Olympics and they modified it into Olympic rings:

abcolympic.jpg

The CBS Eye is a classic. It's like the Yankees uniform: only minor tweaks for style over the decades. Some years it had a neon glow, other times it was in pastels, but always the same eye.

For comparison, this is how it appeared the day it debuted on October 21, 1951:

cbseye.jpg

Still, my favorite is the NBC peacock ... but not in its current incarnation. I prefer the animated peacock of the '60s - the original one:

1962peacockcomp.jpg

NBC has gone through so many logos in its history, going back to radio days. Some like the peacock, the so-called "snake" logo (at the bottom center in the picture below) and the chimes (top right) are classic. Others like the "split-N" (bottom left) were clearly mistakes.

NBC20Collector20Pins.jpg

(FYI, NBC actually had to pay off a lawsuit from Nebraska Public Television because the "split-N" was virtually identical to the logo that NPTV had been using for years.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

The CBS logo may scare some people, but there's no denying its timeless quality (it was first designed over 50 years ago)

Growing up, I never realized that it was an eye. Since someone pointed it out to me, I've never been able to really look at it because of the eye - staring thing. Freaks me out.

Freaks you out.

Letterman finds it creepy.

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/vid...tterman_id97.rm

The Greatest Promotional Campaign Ever (Requires RealPlayer)

What was hilarious was when they alluded to it in UHF. It's remarkable, but I don't remember the peacock/trapezoidal 'N' logo at all. But memories from your early childhood are always a little fuzzy. Next, we'll have to have a poll for all of NBC's assorted logos.

As an aside, does anyone have or know where to find a recording of NBC's baseball theme from the the late 80's? I mean the one they introduced along with the new peacock.

ABC-too simple, but it has lasted

CBS-Simple, abstract but obvious

NBC-The Peacock may be the only logo (other than the Brewers Ball-And-Glove) brought back by something close to popular demand. The 70s trapezoidal N was a fiasco.

PBS-The classic three-letter one was once described as "the CBS eye with a brain."

FOX - Well, it plays off the movies, but...

WB - Ditto. I miss Michigan J.

UPN - Is that network still around?

BTW the CBS eye did inspire the British channel ATV, as noted below:

(from the Web site TV Ark): The symbol was created as a homage to the ident of CBS in the USA, a single 'eye' shape.

atv-colour-si.jpg

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived