Network Logos

Your Name Here

Choose your favorite network logo  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I wanted to limit it to American networks. PAX, America One, and the various Spanish networks aren't included because they have fewer than 150 affiliates. This is why PBS is on the list. In fact, the networks are listed in order of number of affiliates. PBS has 349 affiliates, ABC 229, NBC 226, CBS 215, UPN 208, FOX 203, and the WB 177. Note that 143 of UPN's affiliates are primary affiliates, while 65 air some UPN programming.

yeah, gotta be the cbs eye.

many many years ago after a cbs show, cbs had the eye inside an eye that zoomed right up to the iris, which opened up and said "CBS TELEVISION NETWORK" it scared the living ---- out of me. even now, when viewing my beloved dvd collection of gunsmokes, they have it at the end of each episode and it STILL creeps me out.

but the logo is perhaps the famous of them all, including the peacock. it hasn't changed a lick in basic design in 54 years.

those in the trade call the abc logo the "meatball." i know that paul rand, one of the great logo designers in history ever, did that one up.

i actually like the net logo (predecessor to pbs) from the 60's a lot. that had the letters "net" with the "t" then forming a roof over the "net". with a cute little tv antenna on top.

tb

• 2 weeks later...
I'm voting for CBS only because of

cbs_special72.jpg

cbs_special.jpg

Wow. Brings back some memories.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I voted for ABC, even though I've always liked all the traditional "big three" logo designs. I do miss the 1959-75 NBC "Snake" logo, though. I remember how, through the "magic" of animation, how at the end of NBC's news programs, until the end of the Huntley-Brinkley era in 1970, how the "snake" logo would "break up" and evolve into the NBC News logo, and, in turn, how it would shrink, and then snap back violently like a rubber band?

Archived