Mountain Dew logos

sc49erfan15

Okay, so I noticed recently that Mountain Dew has changed their logo...again. It doesn't seem like THAT long ago that they changed it for the 3rd time, which makes it something like 4 different logos in the past 15 or so years.

? to around 1997?

mountaindew_lg.gif

1997 to 1999?

newlogobackground.gif

1999 to 2004

newerlogobackground.gif

And I can't find a pic of the new logo, but it's on the Mountain Dew website.

I was just curious as to if anybody else noticed this, for some reason I've always taken a liking to the logo design of commercial products.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like the first

Me too.

I always remember Nascar star Darrel Waltrip when I see that logo.

mountain Dew was his sponso for a few years in the 1980's.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

it's funny..i am a teen, and i am drinking a code red as i speak. you're right about the teens and 20-somethings wanting something new. and i like all the new logos too. strange thing, my code red has the old logo on it, hope its not expired.

i like all the falvors, execept baha blast, it's terrible!! :P

Sierra mist tastes like somebody dipped their ass into my sprite. Mountain dew is okay, but I've lost my flavor for it. Code Red is still pretty sweet, I miss Surge though. Surge was the plop! I'm all about cherry coke, sprite, and root bear, along with the occassional code red.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You can make all the sleek, dynamic, Xtreme logos you want, the stuff is still called "Mountain Dew."

WTF kind of name for a drink is that? What was going on in the marketing meeting when they rolled this stuff out? I realize there comes a point in a products life cycle where the name becomes representative of the product and not the literal, but...

Maybe that's why they need cutting edge logos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived