Toledo Rockets

andrewharrington

I like the basic premise behind Toledo's look, but there are a few peeves I have with it. I hate wordmarks on helmets, so that's out in favor of just the Rocket. I used tapered stripes to mimic the shape of the Rocket's exhaust in the logo. With a name like Rockets, a modern uniform is much more fitting than a traditional one, in my opinion. Not too many changes overall. I did edit the Nashville Preadators' numbers to create the numbers you see here, which mimic the letters in the TOLEDO wordmark. For the record, I eyeballed the colors to come up with PANTONE estimates before I found out the actual values, and I was right on with both the blue and yellow, so I felt special at that point in time.

toledo.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Although I'm not the biggest fan of going retro, Toledo's retro style rocket logo is one of my favorites.

I like this design. I think helmet logos that mix image and text don't work well.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like these for Toledo...and it works pretty well with either the blue or yellow mask.

That being said, as a UConn fan, I was glad the Huskies beat them as ugly as those current threads the Rockets wear in the Motor City Bowl last year :D

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived