Western Miners

jr79

I've been working on some uniforms for my fantasy rugby league team named the Western Miners. There's a thread in requests where I'm seeking help with a logo </plug>

Anyway rugby league teams always have sponsors on their herseys so I've included that here, and it actually makes it a design challenge to fit them in sometimes.

The first jersey is basically a recolouring of one used by the Penrith Panthers of the NRL a few years back. I always liked its simplicity and it suited the colour scheme of my team (gold, silver, copper shades offset on black/white).

west_miners.PNG

Now for the second jersey I was struggling to find a way to incorporate that stripe pattern with the three metallic shades into something a bit different. So I thought crazily... what would Discrimihater do? :D

west_miners2.PNG

Eventually I'll add RLI and team logo badges to the chest of these but the league logo isn't decided and I'm waiting on the request forum lads to offer up some ideas for the team logo.

I tried to make some drop shadow numbers in Paint but I'm not sure how well I went, but it looks OK.

C&C welcome of course.

liverpool-1.png

The drop shadow numbers look good. And I do like the Discrim-like stripes on the second jersey. Nice combination with the horizontals on the main jersey.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

if you wanted a more authentic look for rugby shirts, i would suggest checking out what worldrugbyshop.com has in for this season - might be worth a look. how's the logo coming? i might be able to help, after i do astrobull's

I think Rugby Union unis have a different feel from League logos, though, and WRS sells union. League logos have more patterns and are a little bit more freeform than union jumpers. You could probably have a look at the NRL site and see who is using what to get an idea.

I like the Penrith idea, JR.... that was my first thought: "whoa! Throwback Panthers!" It's pretty cool.

We're going to be a decent looking league, I think.

philly.png

here's a western miners logo i did for you. the black thing in the background is a silhouette of a rugby ball. if you dont like it i can take it out, and i can change anything else.

Western-Miners.gif

Damn that's good! I really like the shading on the W and the axe.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

if you wanted a more authentic look for rugby shirts, i would suggest checking out what worldrugbyshop.com has in for this season - might be worth a look.  how's the logo coming?  i might be able to help, after i do astrobull's

I think Rugby Union unis have a different feel from League logos, though, and WRS sells union. League logos have more patterns and are a little bit more freeform than union jumpers. You could probably have a look at the NRL site and see who is using what to get an idea.

I like the Penrith idea, JR.... that was my first thought: "whoa! Throwback Panthers!" It's pretty cool.

We're going to be a decent looking league, I think.

Yeah Rugby League jerseys are generally manufactured by sublimation now for top flight professional teams, so its almost as free-form as soccer shirts in terms of design.

Rugby Union jerseys still tend to follow traditional striping patterns like in hockey, but its beginning to change.

liverpool-1.png

I love that more without the ball Gordie, but I have to admit its giving me a "secondary" vibe... probably because its based around a letter. I guess I'm used to seeing logos with characters or animals and wordmarks. I haven't grown up with the baseball tradition of simple letter-based logos.

Love the use of colour in it as well.

liverpool-1.png

I love that more without the ball Gordie, but I have to admit its giving me a "secondary" vibe... probably because its based around a letter. I guess I'm used to seeing logos with characters or animals and wordmarks. I haven't grown up with the baseball tradition of simple letter-based logos.

Love the use of colour in it as well.

i like the logo with the ball as well though - let me modify it a bit so it doesn't look as busy as the one i've posted - more of a simplification. we'll see if that works. i'm glad you're happy with this design. i tried to go for more of a Super 14 design, something simple yet effective and modern. glad you're happy with it! do you want me to email you the vector file?

OD_Signature.jpg

I think without the ball is still best Gordie. Please send your vectors though, I might eventually have some software that can use them :D

Now... how can I tie this W with the UTEP Miner logo that 49erfan put together. ^_^

liverpool-1.png

Archived