Longhorns Concept

Robert89

Well, then yes, you've got the colors right! Anyway, I do not like the addition of black or a center stripe on the Texas helmet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Robert-

I'm glad you listened to some advice...removing the helmet stripe, shifting the logo. I'm also surprised someone from Corpus hasn't seen UT burnt orange on (at least) a weekly basis, but you fixed it.

I would also say change the facemask back to white and don't outline the logo, as others have posted. The irony is you'd wind up with the current helmet.

Your wordmark is really good. I would however make the 'S' in Longhorns a little more angular (heavily-serifed) like you did with the 'L' just to balance the overall look.

newsig.jpg

Robert-

I'm glad you listened to some advice...removing the helmet stripe, shifting the logo.  I'm also surprised someone from Corpus hasn't seen UT burnt orange on (at least) a weekly basis, but you fixed it.

I would also say change the facemask back to white and don't outline the logo, as others have posted.  The irony is you'd wind up with the current helmet.

Your wordmark is really good.  I would however make the 'S' in Longhorns a little more angular (heavily-serifed) like you did with the 'L' just to balance the overall look.

Okay, Corpus doesn't put burnt orange all over the city, becuase we have our own college teams to support, and we don't put their colors everywhere either.

About the helmet. I don't want to change anything, because if I do those two things, it will turn out to be the current helmet now, and that wouldn't be a concept.

About the wordmark. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

I'm also surprised someone from Corpus hasn't seen UT burnt orange on (at least) a weekly basis...

Could be because Corpus Christi is home to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. It'd be treasonous to paint the town orange, lol.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I get that. What I was trying to say, is that most people that live in Texas know what burnt orange looks like...not that they are necesarily Longhorn fans, or would 'paint the town' in UT colors.

Well I know what burnt orange looks like. I'm not stupid. But The ones I kept choosing were apprently(spelling?) wrong.

I did some more research. At the University of Texas at Austin Libraries website, it says they use PMS 159 U and PMS 166 C. Looking at the swatches on my monitor, I think 167 is more accurate, but I'm gonna look into this a little more.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The University of Texas at Austin online Visual Guidelines lists the opposite, PMS 159 C and PMS 166 U. I figure the Libraries have a typo.

I looked deeper at the University of Tennessee's style guide, and I found "UT Orange" listed officially as PMS 151 C, a little lighter than the PMS 021 C that I've shown in my graphic.

Archived