Las Vegas Aces

CFSize24

After the doing my team I decided I would try my hat at concepts for the 16 team league I commish. Here is my effort for the Las Vegas Franchise.

I tried the secondary logo on the helmet and just didnt care for the feel so I went with the LV on it. The team owner loved it, but there is a bit tougher crowd around here so tell me what you think, thanks.

aces.jpg

aces2.jpg

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

I love the idea, and it's looking pretty good.

2 thoughts:

1. The logos all have "Western" themed fonts. So why the sleek, modern uniform numbers/letters? While I don't think that "Western" numbering would look anything but hokey, there is too much of a disconnect from a design standpoint for these to look like they relate to one another. The 49ers used to have a "Western" font for the wordmark, but used basic block numerals and letters.

2. Change the gold (yellow) to Vegas gold (metallic). I love the red/black theme (think of the 4 suits in a deck of cards, the colors of a roulette wheel...). But the yellow gold makes me think more of Germany or Belgium than Vegas.

Otherwise, bravo. Good stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions, I tweaked the gold somewhat in the update. I completely overhauled the wordmark and added to the primary. I still am uncertain about the helmet.

aces3.jpg

I plan on updating the unis still, just havent gotten to them yet.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Like the revision, with one exception.

Not sure about the gold spade on a gold helmet. The outline of the spade is subtle and based mostly on the black shadow; with such thin lines framing the spade, it's bound to get lost on the helmet if it's the same color as the helmet.

Otherwise, nice upgrades!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Something just hit me about the concept. Why not make the spade black? In a deck of cards, spades are neither white (as in your primary) or gold (as on your helmet). I don't know what that would do to the lettering outline, or the drop shadow on the spade. But maybe a black spade (red shadow? white outline on red letters?) would look more "correct"...

Otherwise, I like these a lot.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived