Philadelphia Titans

gordie_delini

Nice. Did you draw the elephant yourself? Very impressive. Does it concern you that the font you chose is so similar to the NFL's Titans, or is that kinda the idea?

I'd consider filling in the area behind the top right part of the letter S with gold so that area isn't quite as busy, and maybe do the same with the notched areas above the N. I know they add a little extra shape, but they are so shallow they almost look like an oversight rather than a design element. Just a thought...

Nice. Did you draw the elephant yourself? Very impressive. Does it concern you that the font you chose is so similar to the NFL's Titans, or is that kinda the idea?

I'd consider filling in the area behind the top right part of the letter S with gold so that area isn't quite as busy, and maybe do the same with the notched areas above the N. I know they add a little extra shape, but they are so shallow they almost look like an oversight rather than a design element. Just a thought...

i did draw the elephant myself in illustrator - and the font i chose is called vahika - i didn't intend it to look so much like the NFL titans script, but i dont mind that similarity.

OD_Signature.jpg

lighter gold - only slightly lighter, but lighter

Philadelphia-Titans3.gif

It is slight, but it does make a difference in my eyes. To me that is one sharp logo. I like the addition of the white as well. It actually makes the white slashes on the elephant stand out more, which makes the elephant stand out more. Very nice job.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I think version 4 was best, though I'd lighten the blue a minute amount, it looks almost black on my screen.

Agreed on both counts.

Beyond that my only concern is how Phila would read when the logo is run small. I suppose it could just drop off?

Regardless, it looks sharp. How would the elephant look in a light tint of the gold? In version 5 the stroke pinches the letter D so I think you might need to scale down ever so slightly if you outline in a color other than red.

Were it me...

I'd move the wordmark out of the shield. It looks very off-balance and forced in. Place the wordmark below the shield, shorten it up a bit, keep the white elephant in there as the focal point (and, in fact, make it bigger), and I think you'd be set.

If you want to keep the ball as well, I'm picturing a kindof cool way to set it apart, but I'm not sure i can describe it very well in words.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm really feeling #4. I'd get take the outline down just a little and would be straight. As always good work.

SC

colorado.gif

Taking the Big 12 Title!

browns.png

The AFC North is ours!!!

1988KansasJayhawksNCAABB.png

The Best of the Best!!

Home of Champions......Capital High Cougars.....We Gets Busy!

Well, seeing as though i'm the owner of the team... :D

I go away to ref a football game, and came back floored. Those are phoenominal. I really, really like #4, although I agree with M&L that the white logo and letters stand out more in #5.

I'll make up my mind in the next day or so. In any event, thank you, thank you, thank you Gordie, you are the man. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

philly.png

Archived