Motor City Mayhem

gordie_delini

It's a helluva lot better then I would have done. And yes, the name sure don't lend to using a shield.

I really like the wordmark (it is very close to what I had in mind) and the tire (low profile, too ........ nice). The only thing is that it looks too slanted. I think it might look better rotated back to a "on road" position. Just my thoughts.

Nice job.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

... it looks too slanted. I think it might look better rotated back to a "on road" position.

I have a different point of view. I think putting in an "on road" position takes away some of the Mayhem implied in this tire careening around.

Nice work.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

It's very unbalanced, and though I understand you want to convey "mayhem" in the logo, I think it's a little too uncontrolled. The tire is rendered well, but the motion lines trailing it see to go out every which way. They would be better off vanishing to a common point, like a comet tail. I think placing the tire in the center of MAYHEM would balance it out a little bit. Right now it's on top of the A and Y when it probably should be on top of the Y and H. I understand that you vere trying to have the tire AND motion lines be the center of attention, but I think you should focus on just the tire and let the motion lines trail into the distance. The letters and the tire are going to stand out over the blue for most people, since they are black, a very dominant color. The major (black) objects, should be aligned; the blue is secondary to the black. MOTOR CITY looks lost up there. Hug it in closer to the MAYHEM mark. Also, check your kerning. There's very little space between M and A, and E and M, But lots of space between the A, Y, H, and E, and significantly less between the H and E than the other pairs. The point at the bottom of the M is a good idea, too.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

... it looks too slanted.  I think it might look better rotated back to a "on road" position.

I have a different point of view. I think putting in an "on road" position takes away some of the Mayhem implied in this tire careening around.

Good point. I didn't think about that.

Oh HELL yeah...that's nice, GD

Maybe some tire tread marks where some of those motion lines are to break it up a little? Just a suggestion...it's 1000x better than anything I could have done with it!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

scooter, how do you feel about the sparks?

I kind of like them. If you want to try something different, I am for that though. Like I said, the wordmark is right on, and I love the tire.

I kind of like them. If you want to try something different, I am for that though. Like I said, the wordmark is right on, and I love the tire.

well i'm happy with the sparks - if YOU want me to change anything, i can definitely try some things with them. up to you though

OD_Signature.jpg

well i'm happy with the sparks - if YOU want me to change anything, i can definitely try some things with them. up to you though

No, we're good as far as the logo. If you want to take a crack an unis, please be my guest.

Thanks for all your work!

Archived