St. Louis Beagles Concept

lowey

I'm not sure if I'm sold on the all-lowercase wordmark. Also, I know beagles are brown and white, but I think the unis need a little more color somewhere. Even black shorts might make things stand out a little better.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Okay, there's a lot going on here that I would change ... don't take it personally ...

- Typically with hockey jerseys, the numbers on the back are a lot bigger. With fantasy teams, I suppose you don't have to worry about TV or fans identifying players and such, but there's a lot of room of the back of a jersey and the number is about the only thing to fill it.

- The wordmark/number combination like you have on the front is indeed an odd one for hockey. Some NCAA teams pull it off quite well (see: University of Denver, for one ... can't think of any others right now), but typically hockey jerseys will have one large logo on the front. I'm not saying the wordmark and number wouldn't work for this; I'm just saying it doesn't work as is. Right now, it looks more like what would be on the front of a basketball jersey.

- Sleeve numbers versus front/back numbers: I can see you've used Courier or something similar on the front and back of the jersey, and Arial on the sleeves. The numbers all around should be a little more consistent. Keep them in the same font and the same colour. Maybe take one outline or something off if it's clashing with the striping. And if you can, find different fonts to use than generic ones like Courier and Arial. There are a ton of free fonts out there if you know where to look.

- The striping is very inconsistent as well. I can see that the striping is different widths between the top and bottom stripes, as well as between the front and back. Attention to details like this, and like cleaning up the ends of the stripes so that they all end in the same spot, will go a long way.

- I also have to agree that's a little plain. It could use some more striping, especially on the sleeves and the socks. And I've never liked the monochromatic look when it's applied to hockey. Brown helmet, brown jersey, brown pants and brown socks will make the players look like ... well, not good, if you catch my drift. It's like the Carolina Hurricanes' home unis that have red helmets, red jerseys, red pants and red socks. I swear it looks like they're wearing pyjamas. I'd say break it up with a different colour of pants, possibly black.

Anyway, I think that's it. Hope you find that somewhat useful. ^_^

Archived