Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJTank

Michelle Wie oops

8 posts in this topic

Remeber this...cuz I'm sure it will be an answer to a traivia question in several years. It may even become a TankStumper.

Michael Bamberger, a reporter for Sports Illustrated, told tour officials Sunday afternoon that he was concerned about the drop. Rules officials Jim Haley and Robert O. Smith reviewed tape from NBC Sports before taking Wie and caddie Greg Johnston to the seventh green after the tournament ended Sunday.

What a dick. This is why I hate golf.

I hate golf.

Agreed. I'd rather watch people play Magic The Gathering.

Michael Bamberger, a reporter for Sports Illustrated, told tour officials Sunday afternoon that he was concerned about the drop. Rules officials Jim Haley and Robert O. Smith reviewed tape from NBC Sports before taking Wie and caddie Greg Johnston to the seventh green after the tournament ended Sunday.

What a dick. This is why I hate golf.

I thought reporters weren't supposed to get involved in stories they cover... :mad:

That reporter may have been shady, but what would be the difference if the USGA or LPGA decided to investigate this sometime in the future?

That reporter needs to remember that he reports the news, not create it.

Golf is different, spectators are encourage to report rules violations and things of the sort. I feel terrible for "The Big Weezy" though, she was kicking ass on the second day, and just kinda fell apart.

I find myself rooting for her more and more each time she plays.

The problem I have wasn't the fact that someone came up and pointed out the mistake, but the timing of it. Had this person come forward on Saturday (which the infraction took place) and noted the mistake, then the officals can rectify the situation, but this reporter pointed it out on Sunday afternoon! I think that's too late for someone to just call the officals and say there was a mistake. Wie may have made a mistake according to the rules of golf, but this reporter made a bigger mistake.....