Help me get started.

MarkAtnip

Greetings everyone.

This is a general question in spite of it's sports overtones.

I started designing what amout to fantasy sports logos back in the early 70's, making my own logos for little gumball football helmets. I have always done my logos via good old fashioned colored pencils and paper.

I am looking to simplify the process by including a computer and doing some design via electronic means. Am I dreaming that the computer will actually make things easier?

What are some of the simpler programs that might assist me in doing simple to moderately complex logos? I dont' want something so simple that it doesn't really help, however I don't want something with a monster steep learning curve. (For instance : It took me a while to figure out the details of adobe premier video editing)

I am moderately computer savvy.

BroncosSig.jpg

Well, if you're used to using hand-drawn techniques, you could always fork over the deed to your house and buy a stylus and a digital notepad. You can hook it up to your computer and use your stylus like a pen or pencil.

(About the deed to your house thing, it's a joke..last I remember, the stylus and pad were really high in price)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I got a walcot tablet for free, however the retail value is 100 bucks. So I don't think they are too much.

If you are looking for tips on vectoring, you can check out my tutorial I made on some basics. For this you will need a program such as Illustrator or Freehand, both of these two programs costs mucho dinero. I believe Inkscape is a freebie vector program.

http://www.pcgdstudios.com/tutorials

Archived