Favo(u)rite Network Logo

Your Name Here

Which of the Australian network logos do you prefer?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted ABC because it's been the same logo for 30 odd years, and there's these cool ads where people all over Australia are drawing the logo in the air, and the graphic follows their hand in a smoke kind of look, then morphs to the actual graphic.

Very well done.

It's says to me "owned by Australians".

Which is great considering the crap they actualy have on the ABC, but that's another topic.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

You forgot SBS!!

150px-SBS.svg.png

if only they could fix up there coverage..... i can it in my family room but not in my room.....

i like ABC, because of what rmered said, the ads, 10 is really sorta the youthful station imo, 7 is imo trying to stay in the market since they lost the AFL rights, and 9 try to take things off everyone else

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

When the ABC logo changed from the former style, I just couldn't get used to this twisted thing they have now. I now adore it; I guess it just took some getting used to.

The channel Nine logo looks good in certain contexts, but I only really ever see the WIN version, which is somewhat unbalanced.

The Ten logo isn't fantastic, but it is well used.

SBS has only recently begun making good use of its logo; I've always felt it was very good.

ABC 2, not included here, is just a massive three-dimensional "2", much like BBC2.

But, above all the others, channel 7 shines. Their logo change about five or six years ago triggered a change in the whole channel which regularly sees it outrate the perennial classic, Nine.

The Prime logo, also recently updated, is good too, though not as good as the "ribbon" logo that 7 uses (in full-colour situations)

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Their logo change about five or six years ago triggered a change in the whole channel which regularly sees it outrate the perennial classic, Nine.

Actually Seven has struggled to win a ratings week up until this year, and even then it only lasted as long as Desperate Housewives and Lost...

SBS for the win, although I have no idea what it is trying to represent with all the pointy bits...

Gotta love the nine logo, has been the same for so long its not funny. The Wide World of Sports logo is awesome as well

wwos_nav.gif

i prefer this one

wwos_logo.gif

Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sports . . . the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat . . . the human drama of athletic competition. This is ABC's Wide World of Sports.

Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sports . . . the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat . . . the human drama of athletic competition. This is ABC's Wide World of Sports.

SKI1103wsxm.jpg

Vinko Bogataj, baby.

SKI1103wsxm.jpg

Vinko Bogataj, baby.

The man who made the most appearences in the history of the American Broadcasting Company.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Their logo change about five or six years ago triggered a change in the whole channel which regularly sees it outrate the perennial classic, Nine.

Actually Seven has struggled to win a ratings week up until this year, and even then it only lasted as long as Desperate Housewives and Lost...

SBS for the win, although I have no idea what it is trying to represent with all the pointy bits...

Their primetime news schedule outrated Nine in Sydney for much of the year, and though it realistically took it until this year to finally overtake Nine (some of the time), the change started the upward climb.

I'm in a regional area, anyway, so I get the bastardised versions of the commercial channel logos for Win and Prime, and (worst) Southern Cross Ten. Of the three, only Prime tries. And even then, it hasn't got much to work with :P.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Their primetime news schedule outrated Nine in Sydney for much of the year, and though it realistically took it until this year to finally overtake Nine (some of the time), the change started the upward climb.

I'm in a regional area, anyway, so I get the bastardised versions of the commercial channel logos for Win and Prime, and (worst) Southern Cross Ten. Of the three, only Prime tries. And even then, it hasn't got much to work with :P.

wollongong is regional? i don't remember it being that far from Sydney......my dad's cousins live in gerrigong which is further south...but its only like an hour from the city isn't it?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived