Inkscape Question

nwtrailtrekker

I have heard of inkscape, but don't use it. Anyway, I am sure you will have to import a raster picture (I am assuming it will import a raster file) and then trace over it manually. I am pretty sure it doesn't have a tool to "do the work" of converting automatically, so I hope you didn't have that impression. Even the power apps (AI, Corel...) that have automatic tracing routines are really far from automatic, though. I use Corel, and even though it has a tracer, I just do it all manually because there is too much inefficiency and cleanup involved.

Hope something in there answers your question!

LT

Joel, that :censored: is totally UN-official. :P Just joking.

Umm, Inkscape uses .svg as its native file format, so .ai files are not quite friendly enough for it. Basically, I'm drunk, so here's the best I can explain it. If I was sober, I'd probably have the same attitude as joel, so be thankful that I'm in a happy mood thanks to a great deal of some fine Belgian Beer. Anyway, you want to import your file. I used Inkscape for about a month or so last year. I would assume you click [File>Import] or something similar to this. Once you have your image in Inkscape, you need to trace over each of the individual shapes of the logo with the bezier curve tool. That should give you a good start. Hold down the click and drag it to make curves. Enjoy. Sorry. :P I'm wasted.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived