'08 Olympic Mascots unveiled

DEAD!

straight from the island of misfit mascots comes:

PeteySexualHarassmentPanda.gif

Sexual Harrassment Panda!

[Petey enters]

Petey: [song and dance]

Who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree?

Sexual Harassment Panda.

Who explains sexual harassment to you and me?

Sexual Harassment Panda.

"Don't say that! Don't touch there!

Don't be nasty!" says the silly bear.

He's come to tell you what's right and wrong.

Sexual Harassment Panda.

:P

Seriously though, a panda would be a good kid friendly choice. Another maybe a Barney-fied chinese dragon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

the five friendlies

Img211990740.jpg

Like the Five Olympic Rings from which they draw their color and inspiration, the Five Friendlies will serve as the Official Mascots of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, carrying a message of friendship and peace--and blessings from China--to children all over the world.

Designed to express the playful qualities of five little children who form an intimate circle of friends, the Five Friendlies also embody the natural characteristics of four of China's most popular animals--the Fish, the Panda, the Tibetan Antelope, the Swallow--and the Olympic Flame...

racingferrol.png

fcouserbar.png

110bar.png

patribar.png

the five friendlies

Img211990740.jpg

Like the Five Olympic Rings from which they draw their color and inspiration, the Five Friendlies will serve as the Official Mascots of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, carrying a message of friendship and peace--and blessings from China--to children all over the world.

Designed to express the playful qualities of five little children who form an intimate circle of friends, the Five Friendlies also embody the natural characteristics of four of China's most popular animals--the Fish, the Panda, the Tibetan Antelope, the Swallow--and the Olympic Flame...

Good God. They look like anime characters at Burning Man. Sexual Harassment Panda would have been a much better choice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

What's important to understand is that after each event, one of the mascots will give a detailed recount of what happened. But one of the important facts will be incorrect. Do you know which one it is?

Thank you, Astro Boy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

EDIT: taken down; this was on another board, and looks like it got melded into an existing thread. Anyway, my info was already put up here by BiB on the thread. -VitD

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Still beats 1996's "Whatizit" by 2 full furlongs, pulling away down the stretch.

I always thought Olympic mascots were *supposed* to suck.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wonder what would happen if the IOC pulled an NCAA move and required the organizers to get permission from the Tibetan people to use a Tibetan antelope as a mascot?

Doesn't seem too likely since Jacques Rogge was gushing over them.

Archived