Ducks 3rds to be unveil tomorrow

jkrdevil

I know this has been said that the ducks are going to unveil their 3rd jersey's at their season ticket holder party. But no one has put a date for that. Well, I just heard on the Ducks board on espn, that they will be unveiled tomorrow 9/29, at the season ticket meeting. It takes place 6-10 pm pdt.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to the Sharks - Ducks game last night.  Half of the players wore plum shorts, some wore the plum shorts with the striping, some had half and half!  So the pants are officially a mystery.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think thats sloppy and unappropriate for a professional team to appear like that, all the players wearing differnt pants....this isn't bush league here. How hard is it just to co-ordinate, even if they may be trying to hide what pants go with the new uniforms...it's not that big of a deal that you need to have your players wearing three different styles of pants...

any photos neone

Due to the fact that it doesn't start for another 3 hours, no.

It's starts a 6 pacific, not eastren

Edit: I just read off the Ducks site, that there will be a special presentation at 6:30 pacific, 9:30 EDT. I'm assuming that will be the jersey's. The thing ends at 10 PDT/ 1 am EDT. Since they event is private we shouldn't be able to see them untillthen I think. But check at 6:30/9:30, to see.

ANAHEIM, CA.-- Coming off the excitement of the 2002-2003 Western Conference Championship and the most successful season in franchise history, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim have another surprise for their fans. The Mighty Ducks will unveil a new Third Jersey to their season seat holders at the annual Break the Ice event on September 29, 2003 at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, which is scheduled from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

For the third time in Mighty Ducks history, the team will introduce a Third Jersey that represents pride, excellence, strength, excitement and aggressiveness. The Third Jersey is black with dark plum, silver and white accenting. The front crest of the new Third Jersey bears the name of the team?s home city, Anaheim. The emphasis on Anaheim is to show the dedication and pride for the city and their fans. The Third Jersey gives a classic and distinguished look to the Mighty Ducks and the sweater?s dark colors represent the Mighty Ducks dedication to the game of hockey and to their strength and intensity on the ice.

?We wanted the Third Jersey to reflect our team?s philosophy and that is exactly what has been done,? said Bryan Murray, Senior Vice President, General Manager. ?It?s about hockey . . . grit, passion and skill.? The Mighty Ducks new Third Jersey is a more traditional sweater then those that the Ducks have worn in past seasons.

The National Hockey League Third Jersey program has requirements for teams wearing a third jersey. The jersey may only be worn in as many as fifteen games per season. The Mighty Ducks will wear their new jersey in fifteen pre-selected home and road games. The first game in which the Ducks will wear their Third Jersey will be the Sunday, October 19th home game against the Boston Bruins, which begins at 5:00p.m.

The September 29th, season seat holder event is a celebration for Mighty Ducks fans and it allows them to interact with their favorite players all while enjoying a fun-filled evening of carnival style games, learning on ice activities, and taking tours of the locker room.

?The Third Jersey portrays our core ethics,? said Head Coach Mike Babcock. ?The passion, energy and relentlessness we expect to be proud of every night.?

The first opportunity for Mighty Ducks season seat holders to purchase merchandise featuring the new Third Jersey style will be available at Break the Ice on September 29, 2003. The Mighty Ducks Team Store will be stocked with Third Jersey apparel throughout the season for all Ducks fans to purchase. The Mighty Ducks Team Store is located at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim and daily business hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Mighty Ducks Team Store?s hours vary on game days.

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are the reining Western Conference Champions in the National Hockey League. The team is coming off the best season in franchise history and returns a core group of players for the 2003-04 campaign. For more information about the Mighty Ducks, visit the team's web site at www.mightyducks.com.

signature.gif

Now looking at it more, it had tie down, with a silver outline.

First, I team name the MIGHTY Ducks, should not have tie-down

Second, if it has a silver out line then it's like the kings alt.

Hopefully I'm wrong and thats not a silveroutline arounf the laces.

But I don't like the colors of the jersey at all, It Kingish.

It does appear much too similar to the Kings. And they're not even going to have the mask logo on the shoulders, instead putting some out-of-place-looking "MD"? Meh.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What a brilliant idea (tongue is firmly in cheek): Your franchise finally establishes itself as a franchise, both at the league level and on the crowded Greater Los Angeles sports scene. So what do you do to celebrate? You unveil a third jersey that makes the squad look like a knock-off of the "cross-town" rival L.A. Kings.

What a bonehead move.

Brian in Boston

Wait a minute.... How does this jersey look like the Kings jersey? I don't see it! Yeah, it's too bad they don't have the mask logo on the shoulders. Is that black or eggplant? Ah, the mysteries of the minds of the people who design these jerseys....

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived