Wolf Pack honors the Whale!

Brass

MARKETING PLOY! Really though, I was unable to get tickets and not really that dissapointed, but if you don't know, Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson, and Kevin Dineen will be honored by the Wolf Pack tommorrow night. I'm saying marketing ploy to try to get the Whalers fans in the wordwork to come out and become Pack fans. What do you guys think of this whole thing?

I'm fine with being a Springfield Falcons fan! Will be there Saturday night! :)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm planning on going to both the Wolf Pack game (Whalers ceremony) tomorrow night as well as going to the Falcons game Saturday (I got the free tickets through the Reebok offer that some of the other members kindly pointed out to me).

In all honesty, as Jeff Jacobs pointed out recently about tomorrow night's game, any chance for the Whalers to come back, or the NHL to Hartford, for that matter, lies in the response to three of the Whalers' greatest heros of all time tomorrow night. If people don't care, then it probably won't happen. But Brass, if you said you couldn't get tickets, that's a good start. I don't think the Wolf Pack have sold out all season.

I'm planning on going to both the Wolf Pack game (Whalers ceremony) tomorrow night as well as going to the Falcons game Saturday (I got the free tickets through the Reebok offer that some of the other members kindly pointed out to me).

In all honesty, as Jeff Jacobs pointed out recently about tomorrow night's game, any chance for the Whalers to come back, or the NHL to Hartford, for that matter, lies in the response to three of the Whalers' greatest heros of all time tomorrow night. If people don't care, then it probably won't happen. But Brass, if you said you couldn't get tickets, that's a good start. I don't think the Wolf Pack have sold out all season.

Well it's not being able to get ANY tickets, it's just getting the tickets within the section of my friend in section 114. I mean, they talked about scattered seats, but I would rather sit with him, or just not go at all. I don't even think there gonna take down the curtain things that block the upper sections of the arena.

Oh well though. See ya at the Falcons game!

what the hell is ccslc?

I beg to slightly differ-one night won't mean a whole lot in the greater scheme of things. IMO attendance every night would have to greatly increase in Hartford before the NHL even thinks of putting a team there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would agree with you. I just think that the hardcore fans would be the only ones who show up to the game tonight, but if they can't even take the time to go, then the future is slim.

In essence, it won't do much to help our chances, but nobody showing up would significantly hurt it.

Game was pretty good - 12,200 showed up for the game in an arena where the capacity was 16,000, which is impressive considering the papers said this morning that there were just over 8000 sold so far. The media blitz must have done a ton of work to get the tickets sold.

Anyway, the atmosphere at the game could have easily been mistaken for a Whalers game, as Brass Bonanza played throughout, it was a see of green and blue and the Whalers chants were in full effect.

Call me stubborn, but I really think this could work should a team come back. People were really into it.

I dunno...I think you guys might want to work on doing more to win over the Wolf Pack fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I dunno...I think you guys might want to work on doing more to win over the Wolf Pack fans.

Well last night Whalers jerseys outnumbered Wolf Pack jerseys or Wolf Pack anything like 4 or 5 to 1. I thought it was a pretty good ceremony. Ronnie Francis almost crying really touched all the Whaler fans. I also love my new free poster! :P

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm THRILLED that they did this... unfortunately the fact that I live in Pittsburgh prevented my attendance. It would have been nice to get back to the old barn one lat time.

However, they SCREWED UP the uniforms they gave the players. Blue W, Green tail. They did get it right on the banners though...

Wow, they totally screwed the pooch on that crest.

Yep - both on the banners and the jerseys - there should be a grey border on the jersey crest.

Now I wish I'd gone last night...sounded like it was a great time! :cursing:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Wow, they totally screwed the pooch on that crest.

Yep - both on the banners and the jerseys - there should be a grey border on the jersey crest.

Now I wish I'd gone last night...sounded like it was a great time! :cursing:

Not necessarily. The banner logo looks to me like the pre-1992 version of the logo, which was a bit taller and didn't have the silver background. This would match the retired number banners that already hang in the building (2, 9, 19) that were retired before the logo tweak. This also makes since as Dineen is the only one of the three players honored to wear the late-style jersey.

The jerseys were absolutely designed to be the last versions the Whalers wore, and thus are incorrect both in the color swap and should be enclosed with a gray background.

found this:

(image)

seems that the new banners fit

Well, yeah, they do. And the cool thing is that they even moved those over so that the others would fit in numerical order.

I think the only thing missing from the entire night, though, was that the Wolf Pack should have been allowed to wear the Whalers' jerseys as throwbacks. That would have been the perfect touch.

Whatever happend to the AVCO World Cup banner? Did they ever have one?

They did, but since it wasn't won in Hartford (they were the Boston Whalers then), the Pack didn't put it back up.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

20060106i.jpg

Is that Kevin Dineen wearing the #11 jersey? My man has let himself go if that is. When he played in Philadelphia, he lived about 6 blocks away from me (and at the time, had a teenaged Eric Lindros living with him). Got to meet him; pretty nice guy. But he got gray and heavy if that's him.

Nice touch memorializing the Whale. When does Andrew Cassels' #21 and Verbeek's #16 go up? And why didn't they put names on the banners?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived