Sykora goes to the Big Apple....

Brass

Geez, yet another overpriced crappy player (Jagr doesn't count since he's actually a good player) for the Rangers.

You dumb New Yorkers probably wonder why the Rangers don't make the playoffs, well.... here's the anwser!

I can't believe someone actually wanted the overpriced Sykora. This is a very very good day for Ducks fans, I woulda taken the last pick overall just to dump this guys salary off my team. Good trade for the Ducks even if they barely got anything.

I can't believe someone actually wanted the overpriced Sykora. This is a very very good day for Ducks fans, I woulda taken the last pick overall just to dump this guys salary off my team. Good trade for the Ducks even if they barely got anything.

Has Sykora really been that bad snce leaving the Devils? I don't see much (none at all) of the ducks. I remember Sykora being a top player with New Jersey. As I said before he was one of my favorite players.

Geez, yet another overpriced crappy player (Jagr doesn't count since he's actually a good player) for the Rangers.

You dumb New Yorkers probably wonder why the Rangers don't make the playoffs, well.... here's the anwser!

Did you miss the firesale we had? Or the youth movement? Guess so... because the Rangers are sitting at 5th in the east right now, comfortably in the playoffs.

The Rangers brought in Sykora to help take the scoring pressure off of Jaromir Jagr. Sykora's also a native of the Czech Republic, like Jagr, Martin Straka, Martin Rucinsky, and breakout rookie Petr Prucha. Each of those guys is a top five scorer for the Rangers, with Michael Nylander the only guy in the top five who isn't Czech (Swedish). If you don't think these guys being able to speak their native language to each other on the ice isn't helping their games immensely, you're kidding yourself.

Petr Sykora is an experienced veteran who is a six time 20-goal scorer on what was a very defensive-minded team in a very defensive-minded league. I think the Rangers made a great move in getting a guy who can both score and make his teammates more comfortable in the lockerroom and on the ice. Jaromir Jagr is really enjoying hockey for the first time in a long time, but he shouldn't have to do it on his own.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived