Islanders Fisherman Logo

JH42XCC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was led to believe by the topic of this thread that i would be presented with reasons and explainations as to the relative detriment to logos that this particualr one caused.

You, sir, are in violation of that expection, and I demand my 2 minutes back!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I was led to believe by the topic of this thread that i would be presented with reasons and explainations as to the relative detriment to logos that this particualr one caused.

Are you saying that it is your opinion that "SUPER-FUGLY" does not constitute adequate explanation or reasoning? If so, I will have to respectfully disagree. :upside:

As for the substance, I know I am in a very small minority in saying this, but I really like the Fisherman. It was used on really ugly uniforms, but something about the scowling guy in his foul weather gear actually works for me, believe it or not. I also like the "view from below" perspective of the wordmark and the hockey goal.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Best non-used logo besides Bucco Bruce.

...which are both pretty lousy.

I agree about the lighthouse, though. It'd make a great crest logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The true height of studliness;

050113_islanders2.jpggortons2.gif

The Gorton's Fisherman jersey is so, so, so, so much better than their current third jerseys it should be brought back as their alternate jersey right now.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

My minority seems to be bigger than I thought. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Gorton's Fisherman jersey is so, so, so, so much better than their current third jerseys...

You have to admit, that isn't really a shining testimonial. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't think the Islanders fisherman logo was ugly at all. I think it's a very good logo.

But it was a very good logo with two huge problems:

1. People associated the Islanders with the old logo. Association with fans is what it's all about.

2. You expected to be seeing fish sticks instead of a hockey team.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I through this together - a comparison of the original lighthouse secondary logo, and a newly recolored one that uses the current Blue and Orange, but changes the Teal (they called it "Atlantic Green") and Metallic Silver to a Light Blue and Light Gray:

NewYorkIslanders_SLCompare.jpg

Lighthouse: good.

Fisherman: beardy. and bad.

I like the simplicity of the current jerseys.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I through this together - a comparison of the original lighthouse secondary logo, and a newly recolored one that uses the current Blue and Orange, but changes the Teal (they called it "Atlantic Green") and Metallic Silver to a Light Blue and Light Gray:

NewYorkIslanders_SLCompare.jpg

I just noticed that the secondary logo I used was the one from theSLE...it was not the "real" one...someone traced it and made a vector out of it. I found the "real" version...I'll modify it and replace those images with the correct versions...

EDIT: it's fixed now. Also just noticed that the logo at the top of this thread is also a "trace" job...

Wow if that took you 2 minutes to read, you must have some serious reading issues to work out.

other than that the gorton's sucked and lighthouse good, but would be better with different colors, preferably using current set, not the light blue more associated with Rangers.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived