Take that off, man...and if that wasn't payton

Discrim

i'm just gonna take a swing at a small confrontation i had with an old friend today...he works at the dollar store, and i walked in for a little bit.  i had my bears hat and payton jersey on, so my guy had a little something to say about that...'take (the hat) off, man...and if that wasn't payton i'd tell ya to take that off too!'  naturally, dude was wearing a packers hat.  

right there...the risks of sportin bears orange and blue in packers country...and that, i figure, is bein nice :D so come as you can, wearing your colors in enemy territory (i.e. you live in Detroit and frequently wear an Avs jersey) come strong, fellas.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

At Pro Player Stadium in July, 2000 I was checking out an Expos/Marlins game wearing my Jays gear.

The Marlins have these 'take a picture with a player' sessions, so I waited in line to have my pic taken with Marlins pitcher Chuck Smith, he told me to take off my Jays cap, "I laughed" and he said "no seriously, take it off".... so there you have it...

EDIT:  I'm not the guy wearing the jays cap, just the jays jersey... I dont know how buddy sneaked in with his Jays cap  ???

ChuckSmith.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ive experienced that to a lighter degree about two months ago, sporting my SF Giants gear in Chicago's north side amongst all them cubs fans :D

although I admit, at the time more people in town claimed loyalty to the white sox (including the guy working the 7-11 right across the street from wrigley field! :D )

of course, I didnt just recieve it but Ive given it too. just ask the coyotes fan at the shark tank a couple of years ago who got tossed into a condiment stand! :laugh:

btw, white castle burgers suck!

I've twice been to United Center in Chicago wearing a Blues jersey. And, I've done my fair share of walking around Chicago and Detroit in Blues or Cardinals gear.

I've also driven across the middle of Wisconsin wearing my orange Elway jersey, the summer after the Broncos had beaten the Packers in the Super Bowl. I also wore that jersey in Kansas City one weekend... the same weekend the Chiefs and Broncos were meeting in a playoff game, though I hadn't realized that fact until someone reminded me. Oops! :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

One thing about KC Chiefs fans, they hate anything to do with the Raiders or Broncos (Elways has burned them too many times)... my self, I support my Cowboys.  Yes, them Texans.  I have been a fan since I was 7 yrs. old - so I am a true die hard fan - not like many of todays sports nuts, who change teams with the slightest change in the winds.

The kids I teach are that way - right now the Falcons, Ravens, & Seahawks are the talk in the Locker Room.  Of course so are the 4-0 Chiefs. The kids are all doing the Dante Hall "shake 'em moves" - kids are funny. (I teach 11-15 year olds).

Go Cowboys! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

At Pro Player Stadium in July, 2000 I was checking out an Expos/Marlins game wearing my Jays gear.

The Marlins have these 'take a picture with a player' sessions, so I waited in line to have my pic taken with Marlins pitcher Chuck Smith, he told me to take off my Jays cap, "I laughed" and he said "no seriously, take it off".... so there you have it...

EDIT: I'm not the guy wearing the jays cap, just the jays jersey... I dont know how buddy sneaked in with his Jays cap ???

At least you weren't wearing the Jays new togs, Chris... :)

You guys aren't brave... try going through Pittsburgh on a Steelers-Browns weekend (like this one) wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey sometime.  Now that's someone taking their life into their own hands!  :)

nav-logo.png

Every single Pats game I go to I wear my Wheat Kings jersey just to spite the Pats... a buddy of mine is from Swift Current huge broncos fan... so when we go to Pats games you guarantee we are cheering for the opposite team no matter who it is...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The most shocking incident I was ever involved in when going into enemy territory was in 1992 when I went down to Norman, OK to watch my Mizzou Tigers take on the Sooners in football (I was living 35 miles up the road in OKC at the time).  I was wearing a Mizzou sweatshirt and clapped on the few occasions when the Tigers did something good.  My tickets came via an OU booster so I was square in the middle of a sea of red and the people sitting next to me on either side could not have been nicer.  Maybe it was because Mizzou really didn't pose a threat to them or maybe it was because I wasn't obnoxious or maybe it was just because I was by myself, but the people in my section were ridiculously hospitable - giving me tips on restaurants, bars, etc.  All in all it was a pleasant surprise and was somewhat of a mitigation given the beating my team took that day.

You guys aren't brave... try going through Pittsburgh on a Steelers-Browns weekend (like this one) wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey sometime. Now that's someone taking their life into their own hands! :)

I was going to wear my Cleveland Browns jacket when I went to Pittsburgh and then I decided against it but my friend brought his Browns hoody and didn't realize it and when we stepped out of the car we go Sebby you know you have a Browns hoody right and he was like OH Crap.  To bad it was only a Pirates game instead of a Steelers game vs the Browns.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

gentleman..try being a Islanders fan in NYC you'll catch holy hell...I used to go to the Garden with my nephew every time the Isles played the Rags..All i have to say is, if your supporting the other team your not welcome at MSG.  I had popcorn thrown at me my nephew who was six was cursed at and I was challenged to numerous fights. The arrogance of Rangers fans its no wonder why people hate that team.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived