Copperplate scavenger hunt

CC97

I have never had a problem with Copperplate. I used it the first time I had to create my resume, and I got the job. My two most hated fonts: Cooper and Brush Script.

40th-birthday-invitations-sports-football-jersey-ty.gif

When I played T-Ball, some of the teams in my league put names on the back of their jerseys in Cooper. At 6 years old, it was the earliest point in my life that I can remember despising a font. Nothing screams "I would rather be in ballet class or playing the Oboe" like a jersey with COOPER on it.

Likewise, Brush Script just says "we didn't have the money or the creativity to make our own script, so here's a cheesy one instead."

Anyway... as for Copperplate, the first image that came to mind is this, but upon closer inspection I can't tell if it's actually Copperplate or just a close relative:

nav-logo.jpg

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we should have a Berthold City Hunt and a Trajan Hunt as well. Maybe even a Trade Gothic Hunt, even though its a beautiful face. Anyway, you'll love this example:

PhoenixLogo.jpg

How are they a legit firm with big-name clients again?

Someone needs to hire a web designer for their firm...

Phoenix Design Works Client List

Who creates a page which lists all the clients they do work for...as one continous image?

Millionaire1.jpg

Um...like seven entries up you would have seen someone already posted it.

Sometimes, you'll find it best to just ignore things like that, instead of making a jerk comment about it. Maybe he didn't read through the thread. Maybe he just found some opperplate and hit "Reply" so he could contribute.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Millionaire1.jpg

Um...like seven entries up you would have seen someone already posted it.

Sometimes, you'll find it best to just ignore things like that, instead of making a jerk comment about it. Maybe he didn't read through the thread. Maybe he just found some opperplate and hit "Reply" so he could contribute.

I'm at work and they have Websense here which pretty much blocks all non-business type websites, pictures, etc. The first WWTBAM pic posted doesn't show up for me because of that. I'll see it when I get home.

My bad.

6uXNWAo.png

The entire credits of Underworld 2: Evolution is in good ol shiny copperplate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wasn't the XFL logo using Copperplate?

Yep.

xfl.jpg

XFL Logosheet

Can I ask: What the hell is going on in that picture?

Much like players from oppsoing teams would scramble for the ball at the start of a game to decide who gets first possession, the pilots of the XFL, Goodyear and Met Life blimps would dive for a fish to determine the rights to provide aerial footage of the game.

I tell ya, it was decades ahead of its time.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

What type of tone are you looking for with your resume? If you use a sans serif type like Arial or Helvetica, it's going to take on a clean, modern, and minimal look. If you use a serif type like Caslon or Garamond, it's going to have a classic, professional, and traditional look. It depends on the job. If you're going to interview at a design firm, a clean sans face will work. If you're looking to interview at a law firm, you definitely want to use a classic serif face. If you send it to me, along with your intentions for the tone, I can help you out with some formatting and font selection issues.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived