Copperplate scavenger hunt

CC97

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work at a grocery store and I was facing the other day, and came across about ten different scripts I recognized (which made me feel like a geek), and about 90% of the products with scripts I recognized used Copperplate. I also saw a man wearing a sweatshirt with Copperplate lettering up the arm.

I will admit, though, that I think Copperplate is a sharp font. It is very professional IMO, and I think that is why it is used on so many products. Throw a dropshadow on it and it looks preeeeetty darn good.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

• 2 years later...

It's kinda hard to see in this photo, but the outfield numbers (and all signage) at the Ballpark in Arlington used to be Copperplate. Note the "American" and "National" on the left field scoreboard.

(image)

Chase Field's the same way, but the signage has been on the way out ever since the Diamondbacks image change for 2007.

I got to say, I'm a fan of copperplate, mostly because it mimics my natural printing style. I print with all capitals with the capitalized first letter being larger than the rest. I think I've only used it for a couple of things when I've tried to give an echo of something personal...

Oh hey look where I have it... :lol:

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

tigercatssignature-1.png

• 1 month later...

Well, here is Copperplate atually being used: in Minute Maid Park, it is the outfield wall numbers. It's kinda hard to spot in this pic, but it's definitely there-

Picture%204(13).png

If I'm not mistaken, the first time I ever saw copperplate was on top of the Astros dugout, before I even knew it was called copperplate. Seen it everywhere since. Go to a wine section in your local grocery store and you'll see it all over the place.

Archived