Dan snyder died

CC97

Atlanta Thrashers center Dan Synder died tonight, October 5, in Atlanta. He was involved in a severve car crash while riding with teammate Dany Heatley about a week prior. Heatley's car was ripped in two, but Heatley only suffered a broken jaw and shoulder, a bruised liver, kidney,and lung. Snyder was not wearing his seat belt and was thrown from the front of the car. The car was going 80mph in an upscale section of Atlanta known as Buckhead down a Lenox road. Lenox is very curvy and Heatly lost control and slammed into a brick pillar part of a fence surrounding a condominium sub division. I used to live a mile or less from where the crash was. Synder's skull collapsed and had surgery performed at Grady Memorial Hospital the next day. Synder went into a coma and never woke up. Heatley will face several minor charges and one felony charge for serious injury by vehicle. God bless Dan Synder and his family.

RIP Dan Synder.  I don't what the law is in Georgia, but I wonder if Heatley might have to deal with more charges that his teammate and friend has passed away.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The charges might well be increased because of Synder's passing.

The Thrashers better put some sort of patch on the uniform instead of a sticker on the helmet.  Since they are putting a 5th anniversary patch on the right chest, put a memorial patch on the left sleeve in place of a sleeve logo.  I hope that's what they do.

I don't think Heatley will ever touch the ice again, personally.  He tore his ACL and MCL, which he can recover from, but I believe he faces vehicular manslaughter charges now.  My prayers go out to Dan Snyders family and his teammates.

RIP Dan Snyder.  25 is just too young to die.

IUe6Hvh.png

This guy works his whole life to make it to the NHL and it all ends going into what should be his most promising season thus far in his career and it's all thrown away just like that, it sucks.

I'd imagine Heatley is feeling pretty crummy right about now (he's an idiot, but he's human), and it's only going to get worse for him as I'm sure he will now face vehicular manslaugher charges.

A sad day in the NHL, and the world of hockey, Elmira Ontario is going to be a pretty sad place for the next little while.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Wow,

This looks like a terribly sad story of what could have been for mr. heatley.

i am in agreement, he wont be on the ice for a long time if ever, and probably wont be the same either way.

terribly stupid,but why wasnt he wearing a seat belt?  doesnt diffuse the fact of heatly's recklessness, but personally its the first thing id do if my buddy was speeding around curvy streets.  Its moot now, but something that shouldent be overlooked.

I don't think it matters what Heatley is feeling right now. He is a dumbass who took his Ferrari at 80+ mph down winding little streets and crashed his car, killing his passenger. We can all grieve for Snyder, but I'm not saving any sympathy for Heatley, only for his family. He's an irresponsible young man who should have known better. I don't know if this driving example is consistent with the Autobahn where Heatley is from, but it sure isn't done that way in Atlanta.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't think it matters what Heatley is feeling right now. He is a dumbass who took his Ferrari at 80+ mph down winding little streets and crashed his car, killing his passenger. We can all grieve for Snyder, but I'm not saving any sympathy for Heatley, only for his family. He's an irresponsible young man who should have known better. I don't know if this driving example is consistent with the Autobahn where Heatley is from, but it sure isn't done that way in Atlanta.

Okay first off, I assume Snyder and Heatly were friends, as they were in the same car, so Heatley has lost a friend. Secondly he has to live with the guilt/shame that he was the one who caused his friend to die. In my book that is a lot for a young man to carry around with him for the rest of his life, we all make mistakes, unfortunately some people are not in the position of being able to change there mistakes, ever.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In life, we make descisions that have resounding affects within our lifes and the lifes of those around us. Sometimes, those descions do not seem very importnat, and we do not consider what the possible outcomes of our actions may be from small descions, such as speeding.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is not the first time heatly possibly speed, or even for snyder. and they never considered the possiblity that this would ever happen to them. But, the descion was made, and now Heatly will have to live the rest of his life with this tradegy on his shoulders. I don't think he'll ever step on the ice again.

This is a terrible tragedy for all those involved, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Dan Snyder. I am thankful that there were no other persons invovled, no pedestrials were injured, and no other drivers were involved. this could be derastically different had someone been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We should take a lesson from this, tkae alittle time to consider what ramifications your actions could have, not just on your life, but on the lives of those around you. The day may come when you are thankful you took one second of your time to think before you act.

RIP Dan Snyder, you left us too soon

A friend of mine is a lawyer in NJ, but has some idea of what laws are in most states.  I don't know if this is from his own knowledge or from speaking with associates more knowledgable on Georgia law, HOWEVER, what he told us was that looking at what Heatly's charges were raised to, he is looking at a minimum of 3 years in prison after what will be a fairly open and shut case.

Th.is does not take into account what he's going to have to live his life with on his mind every time he drives.  Chris was right.  What he did was stupid, however we are humans and very often do do stupid things.  THese guys are paying a hefty price for reaching a speed most of us most likely have driven at at some point in our lives (you're in a rush, you are having fun, you're just goofing around, maybe racing a friend...)

The Snyder family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.  So will Heatley and his family.

Rob

Not to diminish the severity of what has happened, it'll be interesting to see if Heatley is afforded the luxury generally given to other pro athletes, that of unnecessary leniency.

Ray Lewis is involved in a MURDER- not vehicular manslaughter or an accident, but murder- and goes, for all intents and purposes, scot free.  

Or will he be the example?

Either way, it's a huge loss for hockey, the familiesa and the Thrashers.  If Heatley DOES play again, chances are it won't be in an Atlanta uniform.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

...."Suddenly, You were gone

From all the lives you left your mark upon"...

Neil Peart, "Afterimage".

Speed Kills. I have seen that PSA banner at some Aussie Rules Football games that were televised on Fox Sports Wolrd back in 1998. Is there a possiblity to have a jpg of that plaese?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

for a second there i thought that guy who owns the redskins died...then i read the whole thing.  i can only imagine how the snyder family feels. :(

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Being a huge Notre Dame fan, I can't help but reflect back on what happened to Jeff Alm when he was the driver of a car that crashed and his best friend was killed on the scene. Overcome with emotion and guilt, he called 911, asked for assistance, set the phone down on the car roof with the 911 operator still on the phone, went to his trunk, pulled out a gun and took his own life before emergency services could arrive...

I hope Dany has a support network to get through this. Not to diminish what happened because you can't, but it was a mistake, a very costly mistake. But hopefully he learns from it. In talking about it, we all are, and unfortunately, Heatley will be made an example of for years to come.

"One by one, only the good die young

They're only flying too close to the sun

Crying for nothing

Crying for no one

No one but you"

-Queen, No One but You (recorded post-Freddie Mercury)

We're gonna miss you, Dan. You've been called up from the majors to play on God's first line.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

What was the speed limit on the road he was on? 80 isn't all that fast. Either way, they both made big mistakes. Heatly drove that fast, Snyder didn't wear a seatbelt. Niether of them were smart enough to not have the car go that fast (that relies on a bit of an assumption, that Snyder could have talked Heatly out of it...).

Both payed/will pay the price. I don't think Heatly will get as much as he could because of who he is. And at the same time I wonder, while he faces the charges of possibly a minimum of 3 years, how many drivers out there right now are goofing around going 80, lucky enough not to die, and if they're pulled over, being allowed to settle for a large ticket and maybe driving lessons...

RIP Snyder

Get well soon Heatley (no matter how dumb a thing you did)

Archived