Discrimihatin' on fake fans

Discrim

yeah, those morons who say 'oh, i'm a fan of so-and-so' but can't even danging name anyone on the goddamn roster other than the superstar if they're lucky...sadly, i am related to such a person.  a younger cousin who fancies herself a cowboys fan, and has said this for years.  outdoing many fake fans, she couldn't even name Aikman, Irvin or Emmitt back then, and thinks Randy Moss is with them...how the hell she wound up whiffing on that, i don't even wanna know, cus there were a lot of cowboys 'fans' up here 5-7 years ago :angry: also, how do you say Moss is a cowboy?  adding to her stupidity is that she can't get her sports straight.  a quote from today when the news was talking about the Cubs-Marlins game:
Cubs are terrible!  Go Philadelphia! Go Cowboys!
or something like that(i know she said the first two.)  there should be a rule: unless you can tell me the difference between a triple play and an infield fly, you cannot form any opinions on any team's talent.  i coulda excused this from my other cousin (a Sox fan), cus he actually knows that difference.  the 'fake fan' cousin is also sort of the sister i never wanted, but that's for another thread :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know exactly what you mean with the fake fans thing, although to be honest it doesn't bother me too much, because they tend to be fairly honest about not really beiong that interested when quizzed!

However it does slightly annoy me when you get celeb/politician fake fans who feign an interest in an attempt to get some street-cred!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I know exactly what you mean with the fake fans thing, although to be honest it doesn't bother me too much, because they tend to be fairly honest about not really beiong that interested when quizzed!

However it does slightly annoy me when you get celeb/politician fake fans who feign an interest in an attempt to get some street-cred!

i hear ya, but like i said, the one i mention in full is not only a cousin, i see her nearly every day and this is one of the many things that annoys me about her...but again, that's for another thread :;):

and i agree on the frontrunner front as far as politicians and celebs. though i give billy crystal credit for actually going to clipper games :laugh:  don't get me started on laker 'fans.'

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Living near Toronto most of the year, I know about fair-weather fans, those who love our teams when they're good, but won't go near anything with their logo when the going is rough. For the record, I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan living in Southern Ontario, and I could care less wether or not they're good, they're MY team, and thats what matters.

(I get alot of dirty looks and snide remarks from fans and ushers at teh ACC tho when I wear my Habs gear there for some strange reason...)

you know whats a dead giveaway that one is a fake fan?

if the team(s) they root for begin with either LOS ANGELES or ANAHEIM then that is a fake fan :D

And yet little old me from Nova Scotia has been a Mighty Ducks fan since day one and has never looked down on them and will never turn back.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

and WHY you chose them is something I just cant understand nonono2.gif

He lives in Nova Scotia, according to U.S. Sports Law his province isn't allowed to have a professional sports team, same goes with practically every other city in our country.

Therefore, he has no local team, so he just picks a team, and as long as he's loyal to that one team all the time, and doesn't jump to whoever's winning, that's a-o-k with me

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

anyways, as we ponder and agree that there is no good reason to support the anaheim mighty ducks  :P , back to the fake fans....

here in the bay area we have those who claim something like this:

"Im an Oakland A's fan and an SF 49ers fan"

"Im an SF Giants fan and a Raiders fan"

that my friends, is called a CROSS DRESSER!

these are the fakest of fans. Why? how can you say you love one San Francisco team and completely hate the other SF team? It just doesnt make sense.....

A REAL bay area sports fan picks a city (either SF or Oakland) and roots for both of those teams in that city!

the A's-49ers X-dresser is more prevelant, and I think this stems from the raiders 12 year stay in LA. for those years the 49ers were the only NFL rep in the bay area. thus its the only NFL team many fans in Oakland who of course rooted for the A's ever knew. that an A's tickets were practically free for most of us as kids because we got them at the library and such and our parents were too cheap and lazy to drive us out to the stick and root for the real team.... :angry: ....which is probably why I havent been to the NetAss coliseum in oh, 6 years  :)

and the Sharks.....the way I see it is this:

we have two MLB teams and two NFL teams, pick a city and root for both those teams.

if you want to count sacramento, we have two NBA teams, pick one and root for them.

the Sharks are the only NHL team around. You have NO CHOICE but to root for them!  :D

Therefore, he has no local team, so he just picks a team, and as long as he's loyal to that one team all the time, and doesn't jump to whoever's winning, that's a-o-k with me

People are fan for what ever reason they want to be.  You don't have to live in the city you root for.  I'm here in KC but I am not a Chiefs fan.   I grew up in Kansas liking the Cowboys during the late 60s & early 70s - I still root for Dallas even though I don't like in Texas (I did live in Austin for 4 years).

I agree with the "cross-dresser" theory - we have them here in Missouri; Rams fan & Royals Fan/Chiefs & Cardinals.   But what ever floats your boat.

I just hate those "fake fans" who today are TB Bucs fans, yet last year they were Raiders/Falcons/Packer fans.  May they burn in hell! :angry:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I agree with the "cross-dresser" theory - we have them here in Missouri; Rams fan & Royals Fan/Chiefs & Cardinals. But what ever floats your boat.

I've never met a Rams/Royals fan but I will take your word for it that there's a more visible presence on your side of the state.  The Chiefs/Cards thing is much more prevalent here, mostly because St. Louis got behind the Chiefs (thanks to a very, very impressive marketing campaign by the Chiefs) after the Gridbirds left town.  When the Rams popped in, the whole PSL lottery galled a lot of potential fans and they never really embraced the team (until, say, December of 1999).  These days there is still quite a bit of affinity for the Chiefs, mostly due to Vermeil's presence and his fellow Ram alumni playing on the other end of I-70 MO.  And a lot of fans see no problem with dual allegiences since the teams play in separate conferences and a real conflict would only arise if they faced each other on Super Bowl Sunday.

I just hate those "fake fans" who today are TB Bucs fans, yet last year they were Raiders/Falcons/Packer fans. May they burn in hell! :angry:

Except me of coarse becuase i have long been a Bucs fan. We are talking the days of Vinny at QB and Reggie Cobb at RB. Back then Hardy Nickerson WAS the Defense. The Bucs are my NFC team, i "selected" them about 1990-ish. I will say though if it was ever the Chiefs and Bucs in the Super Bowl, i'd want the Chiefs to absolutly destroy good ol' TB.

Cross-Dressing Fans Suck. If you live in KC and like the Chiefs, don't tell me your baseball team is the Cardinals. I doubt there is one Rams fan in STL that is a Royals fan..... :;):  1985 was a great year though...

(quickly runs out of room)

Cross-Dressing Fans Suck. If you live in KC and like the Chiefs, don't tell me your baseball team is the Cardinals. I doubt there is one Rams fan in STL that is a Royals fan..... :;): 1985 was a great year though...

(quickly runs out of room)

I'll take your hasty retreat from the room to be at bare minimum an acknowledgement that but for the idiocy of one umpire there still might never be a WS trophy in KC.   :;):

As for Card fans in KC, I would have to think that there are still some oldtimers out there who grew up prior to the arrival of the A's and then the birth of the Royals and had no other MLB to follow but the Cards.  Other than that, yeah, most Kansas Citians I have had the pleasure to have known are very loyal Royal fans through thick and thin.  I'll say this though, Royals Stadium and Arrowhead have some of most enthusiastic fans in the pros but they are also some of the nicest.  I've never had a problem going into either place and rooting against the home team, which, granted, I don't do every time I go there.

I think the best way to spot a fake fan is to quiz them on there thoughts about there teams big rivals. The clever fake fan will be able to spot a local rival and spit blood in there direection, but your fake fan will never spot the less obvious but sometimes more heated rivalry. For instance over here a fake Man. United fan will be able to say how much they hate Man. City, but won't recognise they should be hating Leeds United as well!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived