Stanley cup predictions

jkrdevil

I think it's going to be Colorado in the finals for the West. I don't know who to pick in the East. Jersey is a good pick, I think Toronto could finally make their big push to make it deep in the Post again.

Anyways, I pick the Avs, if their goaltending can hold up.

Hey the two other times the Devils won the cup, the Avalanche won it the year after. Is that KARMA? Well we will see, i would feel better about it if they had picked up a vet goalie. Hell for all we know David Aebischer could win the Conn Smythe. Did we really think that Giguere would win it at the beginning of last season. One thing hockey has tought me, assume nothing. Besides, like Chris Berman would say, "That's why they play the games".

If Colorado picks up a goalie, I choose them in the West, but for now I have to pick Detroit.  Although I'm a Dallas fan, I think Detroit still has too many options that Dallas can't compete with.  

New Jersey in the East, but just barely sneaking past Ottawa.  That will be a good series.

Detroit over New Jersey (sorry jkrdevil).

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

i don't wanna make any predictions yet.  mainly, when i do they bite me in the ass.  so i won't.  all i figure is we don't need no stinkin goalie, aebischer will do just fine.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

West: Colorado over Detroit

East: Ottawa over New Jersey

Stanley Cup:  Colorado over Ottawa in 6 games.

As for my Sabres, I'm thinking they'll be able to squeeze into the 8th seed and exit in the first round in 5 or 6 games.  The additions they made in the offseason are key and the goalies in their arsenal will certainly help.  Too bad they're 0-2 right now with 8 goals against and 0 goals for.  :(

Never thought this would happen:  Atlanta is the best team in the East.  But, they've only played two games.  Look for them to drift towards 10th or 11th in the east soon.

I pick The Colorado Avalanche to win it.  Is there really any competition?  Their top two offensive lines are All-Star caliber lines, with their #2 line being the same exact line that played together when the All-Star Game was in beautiful Denver, Colorado.  You can't argue with adding a Kariya, Selanne, and Sakic line to what was already the best line in the NHL last year (Hejduk, Tanguay, and Forsberg).

And you think the Avs need a goaltender?  He may not be Patrick Roy (yet), but Aebiescher had put in 7 and 8 hour days in his home country, training and preparing to take on the starting role for the Colorado Avalanche.  Not to mention, in the top 2 games, he's pitched a shutout and a 2 goal performance, one goal against the Blue's was clearly not his fault as it was on a 3 on 1.  I was at tonights Blues/Avs game, and Abby seemingly has the full support of Avalanche Fans.

IUe6Hvh.png

Eastern Conference Finals - NJD def OTT 4-3

Western Conference Finals - DET def STL 4-1

Stanley Cup Finals - NJD def DET 4-3

This will be the last Stanley Cup Finals for a while... so everyone enjoy it...... half of our teams may not be back.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You know call me optimistic, but I dont think there will be a lockout I think both sides are publiclly postering but know they cant afford to have a lockout and in the end there will a compromise like the 2002 threatened strike in baseball taht was settled at the 11th hour.

THe WHA may be an option for players but the wait the Cup holds will kieep the WHA from being too much of a factor, and the NHLPA is not that strong if they sense the season slipping they will cower at the feet of the owners.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived