MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

22,917 posts in this topic

I didn't know actual real people could confuse the two countries. I thought it was just a Jim Carrey gag. 

14 hours ago, CS85 said:

As a left-handed person, pencils are a smeary endeavor most of the time.  I also find it absurd how difficult it is to find the perfect pencil.  Some erasers are like chunks of rock that do nothing; some lead is either stupid soft or stupid brittle.  Just make a good, well-rounded pencil that won't break in half when inserted into a pencil sharpener or require refills of lead sticks that break when looked at.

Yeah but pens kinda suck, too. 

NOTHING is worse than whiteboard markers, though. The absolute bane of my existence. 

3 people like this

Office politics suddenly ramped up to like 11 this week. One of the executive directors unexpectedly stepped down (though the word is, he was forced out) and that's caused a snowball effect in upper management in my division. Bunch of people who were hired during the now-former director's tenure subsequently revealed they were jumping ship to other companies (which makes us think this has been brewing under the table for awhile).

Have no idea what's going to happen now with so many higher ups in one division essentially leaving at the same time. The infrastructure was already kinda fragile, and now it's basically on the edge. Plus the former director's duties are going to be temporarily handled by one of the other directors who's kinda known to be uh, "not so nice." Everything's just so fresh, no one knows what to think and that uncertainty is grinding my gears.

3+ years ago, when FS1 was launching their first Jay and Dan show, I kept hearing "Why is Andy Roddick talking football?" when they brought him on as part of a panel.

Yesterday I stumble upon Colin Cowherd/Jason Whitlock (I have no idea why I kept this on) discussing the Lakers with Cris Carter? And I feel like people are now ok with it. Same sort of thing with Shannon Sharpe. Why is it ok for football players to talk about every other sport, yet no other athlete is allowed to talk about football?

when one motorcycle takes up an entire parking space. Normally I wouldn't care but when you are forced to live in a place with very limited parking and you see that bike in the front row while you have to park in a completely different parking lot sometimes it is just frustrating. Especially when they never drive it so its always sitting there, practically mocking you.

17 hours ago, dont care said:

when one motorcycle takes up an entire parking space. Normally I wouldn't care but when you are forced to live in a place with very limited parking and you see that bike in the front row while you have to park in a completely different parking lot sometimes it is just frustrating. Especially when they never drive it so its always sitting there, practically mocking you.

People who park (and drive) bad in general grind my gears...

On 3/6/2006 at 4:36 PM, hoosier57 said:

I hate spoiled kids, religion, canadians, frenchies, sportscenter, college basketball, and camel-jockeys.

MOD EDIT: Please do not proselytize.

DOUBLE MOD EDIT: Please do not try to proselytize someone based off of a post from eleven years ago.

Edited by LMU
3 people like this

11 years has to be the new record, right?

12 people like this

I need a form from the NY Health Insurance Marketplace so I can do my taxes; the past two years, I've gotten it on either the 22nd or 23rd of January.  This time, it came on the 23nd of February... and it was the wrong form.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I need a form from the NY Health Insurance Marketplace so I can do my taxes; the past two years, I've gotten it on either the 22nd or 23rd of January.  This time, it came on the 23nd of February... and it was the wrong form.

Yeah, my wife got a stock payout with the Safeway/Albertsons merger and we're still waiting for the damn 1099 from it.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, IPDESIGNS said:

MOD EDIT: Please do not proselytize.

DOUBLE MOD EDIT: Please do not try to proselytize someone based off of a post from eleven years ago.

So I can't share my faith in Jesus? I'm confused

On 3/6/2006 at 9:50 AM, Shumway said:

"You, America, :censored: you!" -Peter Griffin

Still relevant!

3 people like this

2 hours ago, IPDESIGNS said:

You can share your faith with people you know, but not with spammers that posted their opinion 11 years ago.

Bumping really old posts grind my gears.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, IPDESIGNS said:

N/M thought better of it.

You can believe in Jesus.  You can't tell others to believe in Jesus.

7 people like this

5 hours ago, IPDESIGNS said:

This is a sports logos message board.  If you want to share your faith please find a Christian board.  There are people of all creeds and beliefs (or lack thereof) here and we aren't going to allow them to feel uncomfortable by your need to be an online missionary.

And before it goes there, I'm a practicing Catholic so I'm not just here to Christian bash.

4 people like this

Comcast WiFi. My Xfinity cable box is great and user friendly, but the internet is always being turned on and off and its annoying

Life has just really kicked ol' cmm in the nuts repeatedly the last few weeks. 2017 can suck it.

12 hours ago, CS85 said:

Neglectful, psycho-religious parents grind my goddamn gears.  These parents should be starved to death in calculated, torturous fashion before they serve a lifetime in the hell of hells.

http://edmontonjournal.com/storyline/they-knew-he-was-dying-parents-guilty-of-1st-degree-murder-in-sons-death

Sounds more like the Parents had serious mental health issues, and almost nothing to do with religion... 

Neither parent showed any emotion or had a comment during sentencing.

Sounds like some type of Anti-Social disorder... 

Still awful, awful, awful... No child should ever have to endure that. 

What's equally surprising is that no one called the police to investigate. All of their children should have been removed from that home, years ago it sounds like... 

14 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Sounds more like the Parents had serious mental health issues, and almost nothing to do with religion... 

Sounds like some type of Anti-Social disorder...

The day the Alexandru died, the family went to church and said that the boy had died, but that God had resurrected him.

Oh, I'm willing to lay money on their faith being a contributing factor.