MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

23,019 posts in this topic

Having absolutely no money for the next couple of days & my last article of food is Peanut Butter. I hate eating the same food multiple days in a row. 

6 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Having absolutely no money for the next couple of days & my last article of food is Peanut Butter. I hate eating the same food multiple days in a row. 

How about a bowl of ice soup?

16 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

One time I had negative money in the bank and I wasn't going to get paid for another 11 days. I took a bag of clothes to a second hand store, managed to get like $9 dollars in cash. Went to the grocery store, bought a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, 6 packs of ramen noodles, and a head of lettuce. I ate egg sandwhiches for breakfast every morning, open faced to save bread slices, skipped lunch every day, ate ramen for dinner, and a few times I hard boiled an egg, chopped it up and made a salad with some leftover dressing. 

It sucked, but I made it through and I think I lost like 5 pounds. I also had the good fortune of living within walking distance of where I worked so I didn't have to worry about gas or fare. 

3 people like this

On 4/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, goalieboy82 said:
On 4/17/2017 at 5:33 PM, 2001mark said:

Wkend game 1, midweek game 2, wkend game 3.  Always been like that as long as I can remember.

Worse- teams aren't rewarded for winning early.  If 2nd round matchups are available, they start the series before the other 1st rounders are over.  That's f'n sandlot backwoods.

the NBA first 2 rounds of the playoffs.  seems to take a long time.  

I remember the Finals for example years ago would go like this:  Game 1 on a Thursday, Game 2, Saturday, 3 on a Monday, 4 on a Wednesday, 5 on a Friday, 6 on a Sunday (usually on Fathers day) and 7 on a Tuesday.  

I blame the CBA.  The season does not need to drone on into late June.  What also drives me nuts on that crap is one team say the Cavs will play on a Monday at home and then the next game is against say at the Pistons and that game is not until Friday. There has to be a stupid reason since I don't ever recall Cleveland and Detroit being that far apart in distance.  I would understand if it is going from Cleveland to LA but even then that is nuts.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I remember the Finals for example years ago would go like this:  Game 1 on a Thursday, Game 2, Saturday, 3 on a Monday, 4 on a Wednesday, 5 on a Friday, 6 on a Sunday (usually on Fathers day) and 7 on a Tuesday.  

I blame the CBA.  The season does not need to drone on into late June.  What also drives me nuts on that crap is one team say the Cavs will play on a Monday at home and then the next game is against say at the Pistons and that game is not until Friday. There has to be a stupid reason since I don't ever recall Cleveland and Detroit being that far apart in distance.  I would understand if it is going from Cleveland to LA but even then that is nuts.

and if the Finals games on the weekend would be (way back in the day) at 6pm.  also wouldn't mind if the NBA went back to 2-3-2 again for the finals. there is no need to have 2-2-1-1-1 (works for MLB World Series so why not the other leagues).  

speaking of Finals, the Finals use to start around Memorial Day (I think the NBA should go back to that, would have the whole day to yourselves).  

21 hours ago, tohasbo said:

20 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

and if the Finals games on the weekend would be (way back in the day) at 6pm.  also wouldn't mind if the NBA went back to 2-3-2 again for the finals. there is no need to have 2-2-1-1-1 (works for MLB World Series so why not the other leagues).  

speaking of Finals, the Finals use to start around Memorial Day (I think the NBA should go back to that, would have the whole day to yourselves).  

The NBA is trying to go the way the format goes for the Stanley Cup playoffs and I am with you on the 6pm starts on the SUNDAY finals games and not the 8pm tips.  What drives me nuts is the 9pm tips for the rest of the Finals games in the NBA but yet the NHL is at 8pm no matter what in the Stanley Cup finals.  

Again I blame the players b**ching and complaining thus it being forced into the CBA.

The local CVS apparently thinks that we're 400 miles north of where we actually are.

IMG_2207.jpg

3 people like this

45 minutes ago, LMU said:

The local CVS apparently thinks that we're 400 miles north of where we actually are.

IMG_2207.jpg

I'm thinking the Coke truck driver may have been doing a little retail trolling. 

6 hours ago, LMU said:

IMG_2207.jpg

Seems like a Boat Floater to me...

12 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

People who post at midnight, or right around there.

Why does that gear grind you? Some people are night owls. Deal with it. 

2 people like this

11 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Why does that gear grind you? Some people are night owls. Deal with it. 

It was a joke that I was posting at midnight-ish. Obviously it didn't work.

My wife wanted me to do something, and offered to "make it up to me" (hubba hubba). I decided it still wasn't worth it, but at that point it also became a mortal insult if I didn't acquiesce.

1 person likes this

I had a user block me on Instagram because I accidentally pressed unfollow on my phone and followed him back.

It doesn't take much for some people to feel severely offended enough that they need to do something like this. Never said a single mean thing.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

My wife wanted me to do something, and offered to "make it up to me" (hubba hubba). I decided it still wasn't worth it, but at that point it also became a mortal insult if I didn't acquiesce.

Happy wife, happy life.

9 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Happy wife, happy life.

…and nothing rhymes with husband...

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Harmening said:

…and nothing rhymes with husband...

never get married in a day ending in a y.   

1 person likes this

Marriage is like PowerBall. Someone is going to win it... it's just not going to be you.

...pardon me while I hide the giant marriage PowerBall check that I won for myself four years ago...

1 person likes this

The billing department from Rogers is stealing my money every single month. They always overcharge me 15$ each month for overusage of internet data, even though I never ever go over my 2 Gigs a month. I have to call in customer service every time to resolve this and the agent has to manually reimbourse me because their finance department are greedy thieves.

They always just read off of their teleprompter in the same monotonous tone because they don't care if their own company robs a particular customer. The next month later, we start all over again. When I get my next bill in a few weeks, I will be overcharged as always because there's no stopping these dirtbags.

I tried to resolve this at an office, but every office refuses to help me because they don't want headaches. They always throw me under the bus and order me to go right back to customer phone service.

I called in that customer service line one night incredibly disgusted with their poor service. One agent opened me a service ticket after I filed a complaint to a supervisor, I never got called back. I have multiple service tickets for the same reason just laying there, with workers monotonously ignoring the problem.

After calling for a fifth time for the same exact reason, what did the agent do? Open me another service ticket? No. What he did was even worse. Before any sort of resolution was achieved, he began trying to sell me a bunch of weird products and stuff, just to try to make me look like a fool in the front of everybody. The reason is because they're greedy and they want more money from me and they don't care if it's by hook or by crook.