MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

Gobbi    256
2 minutes ago, Brass said:

Do buyers even give feedback anymore on eBay? Out of my last fifteen auctions that I've sold something in, I've received two users who took the time to provide feedback. I can understand if you bought something on Amazon and don't feel like writing a novel about the product, but you can write something quick on eBay about the seller. Even just "Thanks" works.

Couldn't agree more! I just sold my first few items on ebay after being a long-time purchaser and I've only received feedback for one out of probably six items sold. 

DG_Now    3,972

As someone who only buys and doesn't sell, feedback is an extra step post-purchase the benefits the seller far more than it does me.

If eBay incentivized feedback I'd leave more of it.

Ice_Cap    7,783
54 minutes ago, Brass said:

Do buyers even give feedback anymore on eBay? Out of my last fifteen auctions that I've sold something in, I've received two users who took the time to provide feedback. I can understand if you bought something on Amazon and don't feel like writing a novel about the product, but you can write something quick on eBay about the seller. Even just "Thanks" works.

I always leave feedback.

goalieboy82    408
3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I always leave feedback.

once in a while i say thanks for the book or movie on Amazon.  

LMU    3,136
17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

As someone who only buys and doesn't sell, feedback is an extra step post-purchase the benefits the seller far more than it does me.

If eBay incentivized feedback I'd leave more of it.

I agree.

Especially with how turned off I became after every purchase I made being given feedback consisting of "A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!! WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER DUPER BUYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That killed it for me.

Cosmic    2,554
7 minutes ago, Harmening said:

Banana flavored taffy.

For the first time in my 40+ years on Earth, i tried it.

Absolutely disgusting.

I do enjoy it, but I can't say it actually tastes like a banana. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

LMU    3,136

Here's today's.  Less grinding but still there.

We ordered some custom blinds from 3 Day Blinds so that we could get insulation and light blocking for a west-facing window.  Installer shows up last weekend only to discover that the lady who came by for the consultation shorted the measurement by 5 inches.  The replacement shows up today and while it was the right size the damn thing was bent during shipping.  The window is at least darkened now but this is taking way too much effort for a freaking window.

KittSmith_95    642
Spoiler

I'm spoilering this as it's a touchy subject. 

Anyways, I have to renew my lease for where I live very shortly... and management has changed hands. With this change, the new management wants everyone to have a guarantor on our lease. I've asked family, but no-one will sign with me due to them having low finances, which I understand. So... I went to talk to my Disability Worker (Yes, I'm on disability.)..... only to find the person under my case is no longer working there. So instead of telling me who my worker now is, the Operator sends me to someone who seems to be taking over my old workers cases, only to get a voicemail. 

Now this seems like no real issue, except for the fact I don't have a proper phone. So leaving a VM is moot as they have no way to reach me. I'm really freaking out & hoping this gets resolved, but I'm worried it won't be & then I'll be forced to find a new place. I just want to talk to a person so I can get this figured out.... sending me to machines over & over again is a moot point. 

DG_Now    3,972

If I were god and saw that nonsense I'd leave too.

goalieboy82    408
35 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

If I were god and saw that nonsense I'd leave too.

no if i was God, i would send one of the classic's, a plague of Locusts or fire and brimstone.  

EddieJ1984    303

I know I've mentioned this blog before.  But Uniwatch 2 days in arow, the main story has had nothing to do with uniforms,  I don't find paul lukass (or the others) daily lives or trips interesting. 

And no mention today of the nhl unveiling all the adidas uniforms tonight. 

What a joke,  but got knows he'll talk about his corny I still call it Shea shirts. 

CS85    5,395
5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I know I've mentioned this blog before.  But Uniwatch 2 days in arow, the main story has had nothing to do with uniforms,  I don't find paul lukass (or the others) daily lives or trips interesting. 

And no mention today of the nhl unveiling all the adidas uniforms tonight. 

What a joke,  but got knows he'll talk about his corny I still call it Shea shirts. 

It's like a comment section from the local newspaper got shart-blasted onto this message board.

Arts11    20

Getting sick in summer grinds my gears. Started getting sick this past weekend, and although I think I've finally gotten over the worst of it, I still feel like crap and lord knows the recovery phase is still going to take like another several days. I've got a bunch of things to do, but I've basically slept the last 2 days straight and gotten nothing done and I feel like everything will get delayed because I just dont have the energy back yet.

goalieboy82    408
38 minutes ago, Arts11 said:

Getting sick in summer grinds my gears. Started getting sick this past weekend, and although I think I've finally gotten over the worst of it, I still feel like crap and lord knows the recovery phase is still going to take like another several days. I've got a bunch of things to do, but I've basically slept the last 2 days straight and gotten nothing done and I feel like everything will get delayed because I just dont have the energy back yet.

i usually get one summer cold a year (always around the same time).  

goalieboy82    408

the cost for the Mayweather vs McGregor (this is the cheap seats) are around $2200 a ticket.  i would never pay that much for a ticket when i can watch the fight at home (and drink for free).  

sc49erfan15    897
6 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

the cost for the Mayweather vs McGregor (this is the cheap seats) are around $2200 a ticket.  i would never pay that much for a ticket when i can watch the fight at home (and drink for free).  

Why does this grind your gears? A $2200 ticket is not aimed at people that would rather watch the fight at home and drink for "free."

Discrimihater    314

This crap South Africa's politicians are pulling, making the Knicks front office look brilliant by comparison.  A double whammy of stupidity that only government can force on people: Marxist policies and hate speech laws.  Speech =/= Action, but South Africa is on the road to repeating a number of mistakes made in the Apartheid era, and also some of nearby Zimbabwe's.

https://fee.org/articles/south-africa-is-repeating-the-mistakes-of-apartheid/?utm_source=ribbon

Future prediction: "I have a great idea to improve the plight of our people: let's print so many bills that every South African can be a milionaire...because it worked out so well for Zimbabwe!"