MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

Magnus    241

Trying to remove busted toilet seat. Got the lid and the seat off. Unscrewed one of the hinges easily. Second hinge I can't get a grip on the screw. Busted screw grinds gears. 

goalieboy82    385
5 hours ago, Magnus said:

Trying to remove busted toilet seat. Got the lid and the seat off. Unscrewed one of the hinges easily. Second hinge I can't get a grip on the screw. Busted screw grinds gears. 

and trying to find one that fits on the toilet.  

Sec19Row53    451
On 7/7/2017 at 10:01 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

We've already got a hotel room booked for the night before.  Should be really neat, even if it only lasts three minutes.....

The eclipse,  or what's gonna happen in the hotel bed?

infrared41    3,669
On 7/14/2017 at 6:25 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

We've already got a hotel room booked for the night before.  Should be really neat, even if it only lasts three minutes.....

On 7/14/2017 at 6:25 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

The eclipse,  or what's gonna happen in the hotel bed?

Both. 

DNAsports    518

Blows my mind how expensive veterinarian bills can be.

I had to take my cat to the vet because she has been feeling well for the past few months. My family and I all thought it was allergies (boy, were we ever so wrong). Turns out she's blind in one eye, nearly blind in the other, upper respiratory problems, and has enlarged kidneys. The vet told us it's either a kidney infection or the always fearful cancer. I had to pay roughly $382 for a total of 3 things. The visit, the X-ray, and medicine for my cat. The vet also suggested I take my cat to an oncologist for further evaluation. That'll be a pretty penny too. If I'm laying out all this money for this cat I'll be damn sure she doesn't die on me.

Bucfan56    3,719
4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Blows my mind how expensive veterinarian bills can be.

I had to take my cat to the vet because she has been feeling well for the past few months. My family and I all thought it was allergies (boy, were we ever so wrong). Turns out she's blind in one eye, nearly blind in the other, upper respiratory problems, and has enlarged kidneys. The vet told us it's either a kidney infection or the always fearful cancer. I had to pay roughly $382 for a total of 3 things. The visit, the X-ray, and medicine for my cat. The vet also suggested I take my cat to an oncologist for further evaluation. That'll be a pretty penny too. If I'm laying out all this money for this cat I'll be damn sure she doesn't die on me.

We rescued a German Shepherd from a really bad situation late last year only to find out she had a plethora of, mostly treatable (and should've been easy enough to prevent) life threatening diseases such as late stage heart worm. Seven months and nearly six grand later, she's cured from all but the pain old age brings, but DAMN. That was a rough bill we had to deal with. 

goalieboy82    385
On 7/19/2017 at 10:55 PM, Alex Houston said:

Looks like Hedley's wife is gonna see a solar eclipse and a full moon.

infrared41    3,669
On 7/19/2017 at 10:49 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

Well, at least I'll be getting mine....

3 minutes is 3 minutes, right? 

LMU    3,025
11 hours ago, infrared41 said:

3 minutes is 3 minutes, right? 

McCarthy    6,623

MOVING IS THE WORST.

My future wife and I are moving into a house that will be the nicest place we've ever lived. All the amenities one can have, including no more coin operated and/or shared laundry with neighbors. If I want to wash one pair of underwear I'm a man and I can do that now. YAY. But the process we have to go through to get all our :censored: there will be a nightmare. I have to move everything I own in one weekend, which is twice as much stuff since the future wife and I moved in together 18 months ago. Also our place now has been one of my favorite residences and it really became a home. We're just outgrowing it and need to move on, but feeling a bittersweetness that won't go away. It's sad seeing the place taken down and all our decorations stuffed into boxes. 

And I just counted and in the last 10 years I've moved 14 times including one jaunt across the country. (!) What am I, a minor league baseball player? 

CS85    5,255
46 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

MOVING IS THE WORST.

My future wife and I are moving into a house that will be the nicest place we've ever lived. All the amenities one can have, including no more coin operated and/or shared laundry with neighbors. If I want to wash one pair of underwear I'm a man and I can do that now. YAY. But the process we have to go through to get all our :censored: there will be a nightmare. I have to move everything I own in one weekend, which is twice as much stuff since the future wife and I moved in together 18 months ago. Also our place now has been one of my favorite residences and it really became a home. We're just outgrowing it and need to move on, but feeling a bittersweetness that won't go away. It's sad seeing the place taken down and all our decorations stuffed into boxes. 

And I just counted and in the last 10 years I've moved 14 times including one jaunt across the country. (!) What am I, a minor league baseball player? 

I'm moving in a couple weeks, so I feel your pain, but only a slight amount of it.  I'm moving a couple blocks away to a duplex, and I'm using this opportunity to throw a great deal of stuff away.  It's gonna feel so good to get rid of some crap. 

Worst part about this move for me will be getting internet set up at the new place, running ethernet will be a nightmare, and of course we'll have to clean the absolute hell out of our old place before we part ways.  The other part that sucks is that my roommate is working most of the time of our move, so for the better part of 6 days I'll be moving/packing tons of stuff, and cleaning basically everything myself.  

Oh well.

McCarthy    6,623
Just now, CS85 said:

I'm moving in a couple weeks, so I feel your pain, but only a slight amount of it.  I'm moving a couple blocks away to a duplex, and I'm using this opportunity to throw a great deal of stuff away.  It's gonna feel so good to get rid of some crap. 

Worst part about this move for me will be getting internet set up at the new place, running ethernet will be a nightmare, and of course we'll have to clean the absolute hell out of our old place before we part ways. 

Yep to all of this. I donated a lot of clothes, went through our mountain of random papers and tossed most of that, sold a couple chairs, got rid of random knick-knacks, doodads, trinkets and chotchkies. Related, if anyone wants two Nintendo Wiis for free you know how to find me. 

I scheduled our TV/internet hookup for Saturday because I refuse to be in a place without internet for even one day. Another gear grinder - the very awesome and friendly Cincinnati Bell doesn't service our new area so we have to go back to my arch-enemy Time Warner Spectrum.  

burgundy    539

On facebook, I'm getting the incredibly stupid "Add Friends to See More Stories" message that prevents me from seeing anything else in my feed. The dumbest part of all? Not a single post is shown in my feed, only that message. Doesn't matter if it's "Most Recent" or "Top Stories" either.

Magnus    241

On topic, how does Facebook determine what Top Stories are for any individual anyway? I would much prefer to see the most recent posts than whatever is deemed Top Stories. I wish Top Stories would just disappear.

goalieboy82    385
44 minutes ago, Magnus said:

On topic, how does Facebook determine what Top Stories are for any individual anyway? I would much prefer to see the most recent posts than whatever is deemed Top Stories. I wish Top Stories would just disappear.

would add the news in general.