MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

HedleyLamarr    1,308
4 hours ago, Magnus said:

On topic, how does Facebook determine what Top Stories are for any individual anyway? I would much prefer to see the most recent posts than whatever is deemed Top Stories. I wish Top Stories would just disappear.

From what I've gathered, it's the folks or topics you've liked/commented on before as well as whichever posts from your friends are getting the most likes/comments.

McCarthy    6,595
On 7/24/2017 at 10:55 AM, McCarthy said:

Yep to all of this. I donated a lot of clothes, went through our mountain of random papers and tossed most of that, sold a couple chairs, got rid of random knick-knacks, doodads, trinkets and chotchkies. Related, if anyone wants two Nintendo Wiis for free you know how to find me. 

I scheduled our TV/internet hookup for Saturday because I refuse to be in a place without internet for even one day. Another gear grinder - the very awesome and friendly Cincinnati Bell doesn't service our new area so we have to go back to my arch-enemy Time Warner Spectrum.  

You guys don't care, but the move was an all-encompassing endeavor that took 3 damn days and tested my relationship in ways I never knew possible. We learned some things about ourselves and I think we're stronger for it. 

One benefit was I got some decent exercise out of the whole thing. 

IMG_2297.thumb.PNG.8ff839d317a05267c02d7f64138bdf80.PNG

habsfan1    1,290

On Tumblr, if you add a profile pic, you cannot delete it and go back to a blank default icon ever again. Your only option is to change it to another picture. Just another dumb feature that's very inconvenient and never gets fixed, even after the site's 100th update. They never fix the things that are actually a problem.

Bucfan56    3,679
On 7/24/2017 at 6:44 AM, McCarthy said:

MOVING IS THE WORST.

My future wife and I are moving into a house that will be the nicest place we've ever lived. All the amenities one can have, including no more coin operated and/or shared laundry with neighbors. If I want to wash one pair of underwear I'm a man and I can do that now. YAY. But the process we have to go through to get all our :censored: there will be a nightmare. I have to move everything I own in one weekend, which is twice as much stuff since the future wife and I moved in together 18 months ago. Also our place now has been one of my favorite residences and it really became a home. We're just outgrowing it and need to move on, but feeling a bittersweetness that won't go away. It's sad seeing the place taken down and all our decorations stuffed into boxes. 

And I just counted and in the last 10 years I've moved 14 times including one jaunt across the country. (!) What am I, a minor league baseball player? 

At least you're not moving into crazy Sharron's basement again ?

Kaz    665
12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

On Tumblr, if you add a profile pic, you cannot delete it and go back to a blank default icon ever again. Your only option is to change it to another picture. Just another dumb feature that's very inconvenient and never gets fixed, even after the site's 100th update. They never fix the things that are actually a problem.

Just find a picture of the default icon and use that instead :P

LMU    3,017

¼ of an office of 20 has never heard of this magical elixir known as cough syrup.

sc49erfan15    881

Piggybacking on the moving thing.

I'm in the midst of what should theoretically be a pretty easy move - we're keeping the old place so not everything has to go at once (or at all), and we're making multiple (4-hour one-way) trips over a week-ish to space it out. Still sucks.

Pumped I'm returning to civilization, though. Back to within walking distance of things! Where I previously lived, the only things located within a mile were a gas station (which closed at 7) and a Subway. Everything else required at least a 20 minute drive.

FGM13    677

Realizing that growing my hair out means none of my MLB on-field hats will fit me.

goalieboy82    383
On 7/13/2017 at 11:13 AM, Magnus said:

Trying to remove busted toilet seat. Got the lid and the seat off. Unscrewed one of the hinges easily. Second hinge I can't get a grip on the screw. Busted screw grinds gears. 

and when they break.  cheap worthless crap.

goalieboy82    383
3 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

when local TV stations rather show NFL preseason over something better:

http://wjla.com/news/local/programming-note-part-2-of-the-story-of-diana-to-air-saturday-not-thursday-on-wjla

not that i watch the first part, but i the game is on NBC 4 also.  

would also put, say during the season the Cowboys are playing the Giants (second game) and the first game there were a lot of fights (and a high scoring game), we have to get the Redskins game then (and the same thing with getting the Ravens games over a better game).  

DNAsports    510

I work night shift with two other guys... Thursday night, the one came in and started to tell me about what had just happened at the Sheetz near our work. He said that a group of people in their 20s pulled into a parking spot and got out. He said once they got out the smell of marijuana could hit you from a mile away. He then proceeded to call the police on these people because as he said "it endangered the children". That was what grinded my gears. He simply went off smell not whether or not they physically had any weed on them. They could have just came from a house, they could have medical cards, who knows, but to say the smell endangered the children? Horse :censored:. If a kid smells something like that and asks their parents what that smell is, it should be the parents' duty to explain why it smells like that. There's no way in hell the smell of weed is THAT bad. Now if weed is present and someone offered it to a kid, that's a whole different story.

Viola73    73
46 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I work night shift with two other guys... Thursday night, the one came in and started to tell me about what had just happened at the Sheetz near our work. He said that a group of people in their 20s pulled into a parking spot and got out. He said once they got out the smell of marijuana could hit you from a mile away. He then proceeded to call the police on these people because as he said "it endangered the children". That was what grinded my gears. He simply went off smell not whether or not they physically had any weed on them. They could have just came from a house, they could have medical cards, who knows, but to say the smell endangered the children? Horse :censored:. If a kid smells something like that and asks their parents what that smell is, it should be the parents' duty to explain why it smells like that. There's no way in hell the smell of weed is THAT bad. Now if weed is present and someone offered it to a kid, that's a whole different story.

Actually, if they got some low grade skunk, it could actually smell THAT bad. 

Where there actually kids around when this happened? Just curious.

Bucfan56    3,679

So, my main job forgot to pay us all this week. I got this lovely e mail the other day about how they "were so very sorry" and that they were "going to rectify this immediately" and "make this right". I still haven't gotten paid even though "This will all be fixed by Friday afternoon, at the very latest". I took this weekend off for an end of summer vacation specifically because it was right after pay day when I put in a bunch of overtime. Now I'm just sitting around ready to leave, but really can't until my God damn idiot employers actually pay me what they owe me. I'm so downright SICK of working for this absolute garbage, sinking ship of a "startup". I'd be better off bagging groceries at Safeway at this point. 

lopernv    300
9 hours ago, Viola73 said:

Actually, if they got some low grade skunk, it could actually smell THAT bad. 

Where there actually kids around when this happened? Just curious.

The good :censored: usually smells stronger than the bad :censored: , FYI.

Viola73    73
6 hours ago, lopernv said:

The good :censored: usually smells stronger than the bad :censored: , FYI.

I did not know this. I just assumed the worst that it smelled meant the quality was not up to par. Consider this a:

knowing.jpgMoment. : )

Bucfan56    3,679

There's a dispensary in the middle of my home town that's known for very high quality "product" you can smell it for almost a mile at times. 

HedleyLamarr    1,308
On 8/11/2017 at 1:59 PM, DNAsports said:

There's a couple folks in our neighborhood, including my neighbor, that poke smot.  No idea if it's the good stuff or bad, but it smells like dog poo, and that stench lingers.  There are times where I'm checking the bottom of my shoes to make sure I didn't step in a steaming pile.  It is that bad a smell.

That said, I can almost guarantee that they didn't "just come from a house".  Pot smell doesn't travel.  They were toking up in the car.  Now I'm not sure what endangerment there was to the kids, unless these kids had a bag of Cheetos on them.

habsfan1    1,290

Impatient people who are rude to me because they don't have the patience to wait one single second for something. I understand when things drag for too long, it can be understandable. But sometimes, certain attitudes are just unacceptable.