MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

Recommended Posts

Geoff    511

I don't know if it was intentional or not but I was essentially subtweeted in an article in the local paper. The owner of the team I used to work more made it seem as though he made a staff change because I couldn't get the job done but of course he didn't mention the part about how severely handcuffed I was due to him not providing me with stuff I needed to get my job done. Despite all that I still got a hell of a lot done and my friends who still work for the team have told him, in nicer terms, he was an idiot for cutting me loose. 

 

Oh, and the main part of the article was talking about the app the team is rolling out soon. An idea I've been pushing for since I was an intern ... in 2011.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
monkeypower    644
On 8/15/2017 at 9:43 PM, Geoff said:

I don't know if it was intentional or not but I was essentially subtweeted in an article in the local paper. The owner of the team I used to work more made it seem as though he made a staff change because I couldn't get the job done but of course he didn't mention the part about how severely handcuffed I was due to him not providing me with stuff I needed to get my job done. Despite all that I still got a hell of a lot done and my friends who still work for the team have told him, in nicer terms, he was an idiot for cutting me loose. 

 

Oh, and the main part of the article was talking about the app the team is rolling out soon. An idea I've been pushing for since I was an intern ... in 2011.

 

Somewhat related and I don't know if you even know/can speak on it/want to speak on it, but what happened with the coach who coached where I used to work being fired?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CS85    5,185

Moving is a mammoth pain in the ass, even when moving a block away.

 

Tuesday I spent all day moving boxes, packing more boxes, then moving those boxes.  Wednesday I made a few more trips.  Today we spent 14 hours moving all the heavy furniture and big stuff, and mercifully the bedrooms and living room are mostly done-ish, but now we have until noon Monday to clean our old place.  Meanwhile I feel like I have no knees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lopernv    300
18 hours ago, CS85 said:

Moving is a mammoth pain in the ass, even when moving a block away.

 

Tuesday I spent all day moving boxes, packing more boxes, then moving those boxes.  Wednesday I made a few more trips.  Today we spent 14 hours moving all the heavy furniture and big stuff, and mercifully the bedrooms and living room are mostly done-ish, but now we have until noon Monday to clean our old place.  Meanwhile I feel like I have no knees.

 

I've moved 3 times in the last 4-5 months (granted, been living somewhat out of a suitcase, no furniture, etc). Once from west to east coast, and now I'm just hopping around place to place, waiting for my SO to find a job and move here. Bit different than moving your whole life, but at this point I need some sort of stability in my life, which will hopefully come at the beginning of October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff    511
On 8/17/2017 at 1:39 PM, monkeypower said:

 

Somewhat related and I don't know if you even know/can speak on it/want to speak on it, but what happened with the coach who coached where I used to work being fired?

 

He didn't live up to expectations and was a .500 coach when he was let go. There was an opportunity to bring the old coach back as things hadn't worked out at his new job and he had been scouting for Edmonton. After his return, the team went 12-6-1 with a roster that really didn't have too many changes. I like Kevin and think he'll do a great job with his new team but I don't think he is cut out or just wasn't ready for the pro game yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
monkeypower    644
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

 

He didn't live up to expectations and was a .500 coach when he was let go. There was an opportunity to bring the old coach back as things hadn't worked out at his new job and he had been scouting for Edmonton. After his return, the team went 12-6-1 with a roster that really didn't have too many changes. I like Kevin and think he'll do a great job with his new team but I don't think he is cut out or just wasn't ready for the pro game yet.

 

That's too bad.

 

I liked Kevin and he was well liked out in the Battlefords and everybody was rooting for him. I think his new position in Drumheller is a great coaching job for any coach and he should do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoE38    412

Getting sick on vacation. It was amazing until my Sinus decided that it would congest up just for me. Hopefully it goes away before I fly home Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LMU    3,017

My boss has been starting to spend the entire day with his Scottrade account up on his computer and completely blowing off work responsibilities to monitor his stocks. I’m in the middle of a few somewhat big projects and he keeps delegating stupid 5-10 minute things that he can’t be bothered to handle himself let alone to read the email that he is forwarding. He then acts all confused when I mention details that he didn’t get around to reading due to Tesla going up a nickel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habsfan1    1,290

When Twitter began posting the "likes" of all followers onto public timelines. This has been incredibly inconvenient for a number of reasons, mainly because it cluttered my TL with 90% of likes & RT's from users I don't follow. And also because I don't want to publicize every single thing that I like. It defeats the purpose of having 2 choices, to RT or like, if both are the same.

 

I'm glad they got that fixed and went back to the way things were before. I really grinds my gears and discourages me when software updates apply dumb changes for the sake of change only, and only make things less and less convenient to use. It's ridiculous. I know change and evolution are a necessity. But shouldn't upgrades serve as a purpose of making things better and not the opposite?

 

Edit: I didn't see TL likes on android recently, but still see them on PC. If they don't fix that, so much for fixing problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sykotyk    307
On 8/18/2017 at 7:31 PM, lopernv said:

 

I've moved 3 times in the last 4-5 months (granted, been living somewhat out of a suitcase, no furniture, etc). Once from west to east coast, and now I'm just hopping around place to place, waiting for my SO to find a job and move here. Bit different than moving your whole life, but at this point I need some sort of stability in my life, which will hopefully come at the beginning of October.

I've moved houses 3 times in my life. First two times, I did the 'get a truck, get a friend, spend all day killing yourself'. Third time, I hired movers. $400 was all it took. Best money I ever spent. Still have to unpack boxes, but that is 'as you need stuff' and not like when boxing things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smzimbabwe    96

A neighbor called the police on me listening to music in my back yard, not because it was too loud, but because he didn't understand it (it was German) and he thought I could be a terrorist or something. He has also called the police on another neighbor of mine because he thought he had kidnapped a child. Unfortunately for him, he works at a school, and was suspended for a while while the investigation went on. My neighbor never got an apology, and I don't expect one either. It would be nice if he could at least talk to me, but he probably feared for his life, given that I could be a terrorist. Meanwhile, he has let his dogs loose in the neighborhood and I have been attacked twice in the last year, the first time required a hospital visit, I now keep my garage open while working outside so I can quickly get in there if I see the dogs, so I can grab a weapon and defend myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LMU    3,017
2 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

A neighbor called the police on me listening to music in my back yard, not because it was too loud, but because he didn't understand it (it was German) and he thought I could be a terrorist or something. He has also called the police on another neighbor of mine because he thought he had kidnapped a child. Unfortunately for him, he works at a school, and was suspended for a while while the investigation went on. My neighbor never got an apology, and I don't expect one either. It would be nice if he could at least talk to me, but he probably feared for his life, given that I could be a terrorist. Meanwhile, he has let his dogs loose in the neighborhood and I have been attacked twice in the last year, the first time required a hospital visit, I now keep my garage open while working outside so I can quickly get in there if I see the dogs, so I can grab a weapon and defend myself.

A phone call to an attorney could have solved a lot of these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cosmic    2,501
8 hours ago, LMU said:

A phone call to an attorney could have solved a lot of these issues.

Seriously. A dog attack that requires a hospital visit needs a real response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smzimbabwe    96
4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Seriously. A dog attack that requires a hospital visit needs a real response.

The second time, the dogs attacked the animal control officer when she showed up. We eventually went to court because of that incident, he got a suspended sentence and is moving away soon, so that problem is taken care of, but the beware of dog signs are still up at the house, and I'm not gonna confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cosmic    2,501
2 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

The second time, the dogs attacked the animal control officer when she showed up. We eventually went to court because of that incident, he got a suspended sentence and is moving away soon, so that problem is taken care of, but the beware of dog signs are still up at the house, and I'm not gonna confirm.

Was that dog put down, and the other ones still run free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smzimbabwe    96
21 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Was that dog put down, and the other ones still run free?

No, he got a court order to secure his fence, they must always be chained up when they are back there (I'm not checking) and he received a suspended sentence and fine and told that another incident in the next two years, he's serving time, the dog will be put down, and he has to pay a $20,000 fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smzimbabwe    96

A common problem my friend has is she is always asked for proof of citizenship and to demonstrate she is an American because according to her birth certificate, she was born in New Mexico. People automatically see that, and ask if she is American. One time would be funny, but she has put up with this her entire life, from teachers speaking slowly and carefully saying their words, cuz she might not understand English, to being required to provide proof of American citizenship at the DMV or voter registration or when applying for a job. I guess people really are that stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DNAsports    510

I don't know why, but it just irks me the wrong way when people ask for thoughts and prayers on social media. How many of those people who comment on your post are going to have consistent thoughts about your situation? How many people are actually going to go home and pray to the big man upstairs about your situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now