MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

21,952 posts in this topic

Wow, what did I ever do to you to get on your ignore list? :P

I can understand what I've done to get on his ignore list. I apologized for it too, in case nobody noticed.

If he wasn't ignoring you, I'm sure he'd let you know.

/I probably am ignored too. :P

If he wasn't ignoring you, I'm sure he'd let you know.

/I probably am ignored too. :P

Surprisingly, no.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.

Tough standards there.

He's become the Yankees of NASCAR.

And frankly, I don't like the direction NASCAR is going in right now. The Car of Tomorrow seems to have made races less competitive, Jimmie Johnson wins every year, the Chase is a joke, attendance is at an all-time low, and there's really no more big personalities left in the sport. They need to go back to how things used to be in the old Winston Cup - racing hard, bumping everybody else, and of course, rubbing it in their faces in victory lane.

The only thing haters hate more than winners are consistent winners. The Yankees were already mentioned...add the Celtics, Lakers, Red Wings, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, and Patriots to that. Me, I don't mind one bit that JJ pulled off the 4-peat...while ruffling feathers in the process. Just ask Jeff Gordon.

As to the second part, didn't Carl Edwards just pull that off like two weeks ago? He pretty much "did what he had to do" to win that race. :P

Yeah, but Carl Edwards was also put on probation along with Brad Keselowski (why the victim was punished is beyond me), and it wasn't even that hard of a bump.

And don't even get me going on the Steelers and 49ers. It's not how often they win that bugs me, it's what qualifies as winning with their fanbases.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.

Man, thats a signature if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, but Carl Edwards was also put on probation along with Brad Keselowski (why the victim was punished is beyond me), and it wasn't even that hard of a bump.

And don't even get me going on the Steelers and 49ers. It's not how often they win that bugs me, it's what qualifies as winning with their fanbases.

Keselowski got punished because of the other two incidents those two have had. Since Edwards wrecked him, knowing the history between the two, Keselowski would strike next. They were trying to stop the incident before it occured. Without those other incidents, I don't think this one gets the penalty it did.

Gear Grinder: We don't get the channel Palladia anymore.

Man, thats a signature if I've ever seen one.

Indeed.

School starts tomorrow.

School starts tomorrow.

jeezes, that's early. At least it seems early to me.

My birthday is September 6th and as a kid it seemed like my birthday was always marred by either the first or second day of school. I could've used an early August start.

School starts tomorrow.

Little Drew's a senior?

My dad and I have been making major progress on the Charger... then on Saturday we found that water & coolant are getting in the oil, now we gotta replace two head gaskets... this is gonna be costly.

The 49ers win? This is news to me.

It seems like there was some kind of entertaining troll experience that occurred while I was away. Those things don't come along too often.

It seems like there was some kind of entertaining troll experience that occurred while I was away. Those things don't come along too often.

Very. Very entertaining.

heat plus humidity.

when you tell people that you're a big baseball fan and they tell you "I only watch real sports".

when your boss sends you to run errands, gives you horrible directions, and then gets upset when you take longer than they expected. I can't find the place if you give me streets that I don't exist.

School starts tomorrow.

Little Drew's a senior?

Yessir. Looking forward to it!

People who think it's still okay to refer to someone as a "cripple", and keep defending themselves when five people shred them for it.

People who think it's still okay to refer to someone as a "cripple", and keep defending themselves when five people shred them for it.

Building on that, people who get called out for saying a racist comment and then defend themselves by saying "i have black friends" or even worse "my sister's boyfriend is black".

Building on that, people who get called out for saying a racist comment and then defend themselves by saying "i have black friends" or even worse "my sister's boyfriend is black".

Stop watching Jersey Shore. :)

heat plus humidity.

when you tell people that you're a big baseball fan and they tell you "I only watch real sports".

when your boss sends you to run errands, gives you horrible directions, and then gets upset when you take longer than they expected. I can't find the place if you give me streets that I don't exist.

I hate that too.

On that note...

The constant usage of a word that's supposedly "ours."

I don't care how you feel about it said amongst friends, if some kid you don't know comes up and starts saying it and you get the sudden urge to stomp a mudhole in the kid's ass, then clearly it's not "just a word" or "a term of endearment." Tell that to the graves of the ones who came before you. I'm sure they felt welcome and loved when they died too...

^^^ I have no idea what you're talking about.

What grinds my gears is that every thread I open has Panhead looking for a response, and the usual suspects lining up to give him one. It's not cool anymore and certainly not interesting. Maybe we can all give it a rest for a while?

^^^ I have no idea what you're talking about.

Any and all variations of the racial slur commonly referred to as, "the N-word."