MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

23,106 posts in this topic

People under the age of 18 being idiots on message boards (I'm sorry, I know there are exceptions, but for most of my experience they act like idiots.)

Illinois residents who complain about voter fraud...in other states.

Texas football fans.

Popped Collars.

People in frats and sororities.

- When people can't understand sarcasm on message boards, even with smilies to point the way.

- When my wife steps OVER the trash left by the back door instead of taking it out when she leaves in the morning.

- the phrase "these ones".

- Hockey jerseys customized with improper fonts.

- Exit Only lanes on the freeway that are not marked as such.

- injuries to my fantasy hockey team.

- People who are in front of me and want to turn left at a stop light, WHO DO NOT GET OUT INTO THE INTERSECTION! Then the light turns yellow and then red and we both miss the light because they wouldn't pull up beyond the crosswalk. :evil:

You can't honk at them either, becuase they think "Idiot. I can't go. There's traffic." I KNOW there's traffic. I don't expect you to go NOW. I want you to pull up so you will be in a POSITION to GO when the lights change so I can follow you.

- pepole who tpye crappy on teh web all teh time.

- GIANT signatures on message boards about sports logos

JeffB

My pet peeves:

--Working on Fridays when there's college basketball on TV and plenty of bars in the same neighborhood where my office is located.

--People who aren't secure enough with who they are to just be themselves and not give a :censored: what anybody else thinks.

--The opinion by some people I know that Milwaukee is 1-2 years behind the rest of the country.

--Musicians/bands/rappers that get signed from independent to major record labels and forget what made the label sign them in the first place, especially when their sound changes to appeal to the lowest common denominator (see Goo Goo Dolls, Black Eyed Peas, etc.)

I have many, but one stands alone ... ESPN Insider. :evil:

Rude people, English class, not being able to chew gum in class, the SATs, intolerance, racism, rich snobs, people from [iNSERT ARCHRIVAL SCHOOL HERE].

Okay, all (or least mostly) SARCASM. :upside: Since a lot of the posts in this thread sound like the "Dislikes" everyone posted in their entries in my high school yearbook, I thought I would play along. How did I do?

As for real pet peeves, I would go with:

1. Not getting "the wave" after letting someone turn or change lanes in front of you.

2. People who are consistently late (it happens to everyone sometimes, but not ALL THE TIME).

3. People who have decided that since they have a cell phone, they can call for directions on the way rather than calling ahead of time or using Mapquest (I have adopted this one from one of the secretaries in my office).

unoriginal thought gets on my nerves.

Yeah, me too!

Oh, and MDesign, for a real life fast food horror story to complement your ketchup mccheese sammiches, go here

yh- Duuuuuuude.

(I wonder if I've been to that Bell at some point.)

Things that just usually end up setting me off for one reason or another...

--Political parties and the constant bickering between partisans of both sides...a pox on both the Dems and GOPs houses...how's about some real solutions to problems instead of playing a political game of "my schvantz is bigger than yours" for once? No wonder we have so many problems...too many folks with their heads squarely up their sphincters in DC.

--Entertainers who think just b/c they're famous they can sound off on any subject (sorry, I don't tell you how to sing or act, you shouldn't be telling me how to think)

--People who think that they have to conform to fit in..who gives a flying :censored: what anyone else thinks? Folks will respect ya if you're true to yourself.

--People who drive UNDER the freakin speed limit on an interstate highway when it's not bad weather. Sorry, but I don't feel like dying just because you can't figure out it's the long, thin pedal on the right. You can't do 65? GET OFF THE DAMN HIGHWAY!

--Morons that use their cellphones while driving and don't have a hands-free device for it. Most people have trouble driving without any distractions...add that to the mix and it's LOTS of fun :upside:

--People that can't take a joke. Life's too short to be so damn serious all the time...

--Sports fans who take things waaaaaaaaaay too seriously and want to start fights with opposing fans. Sorry, I'm not about to spend a night in jail for a fight over a sporting event. It's a :censored: game. Contrary to what these pinheads think, life will go on even if their favorite team loses.

I think that about covers it....

im in 10th grade nd wut really grinds my gears is when girls that are ugly think there attractive...ala heavy girls wearing tight clothing. yuck.

I got to agree with you on that, it's probably the most discusting thing ever!

im in 10th grade nd wut really grinds my gears is when girls that are ugly think there attractive...ala heavy girls wearing tight clothing. yuck.

no. your spelling is.

I hate it when I go to White Castle. The Basic Recipie for a Slyder? is bun, burger, pickle.

Unfortunately for me, I like mine with some ketchup and mustard and I really do not like pickles.

Even when the person taking my order repeats this back to me and it shows up on the confirmation screen at the drive-thru, the person making the bugers is had their mind numbed from the hours of tedious work they must endure, and even if they hear (or read) my order, their brains slip into auto-pilot and crank out - bun, burger, pickle once more. :blink:

Of course, I never notice this until I've driven away. :cursing:

As stated by someone else, you cannot go back and ask for ketchup and mustard, because they will "make up for it" by giving you, oh, four times more than any living being would ever, ever want on a hamburger, especially one the size of a Slyder?.

JeffB

no. your spelling is.

Joel, before you go jumping all over this person, did it ever occur to you that he likes to throw heavy, Frisbee™ like objects at overweight tenth grade girls who probably shouldn't be wearing spandex camisoles and size two Diesels™?

no. your spelling is.

I find it ironic when one person criticizes the spelling of another, and their criticism contains a word they did not spell correctly either.

no. your spelling is.

I find it ironic when one person criticizes the spelling of another, and their criticism contains a word they did not spell correctly either.

:blink: I don't see it.

no. your spelling is.

:blink: I don't see it.

That's because it's irony...

I didn't read it correctly.

So the error is mine...

Info-tainment programs like the Today show on NBC. I like news in the morning, not Entertainment Tonight style crap.

"Coming up later, we'll look at what's next for America's role in Iraq, but first, what is Jennifer Aniston doing to help forget about Brad Pitt and who was 'fired' from last night's episode of 'The Apprentice."

The fact that the Internet has rendered our youth illiterate.

See above.

EDIT... above that.

True. Especially since when I've heard from teachers that kids are starting to put terms like "lol, gr8, luv" into their English exams. MSN, AIM and other instant messaging programs are really hurting the English language of the youth, which includes me...

Thankfully, I have an awesome English teacher that has drilled proper grammar and puncuation into my brain. :P (for the most part)

I think blaming the internet for youth's illiteracy is crap. How about we make them take responisibility for their own actions. I am a 19 year old college sophomore and I use all of that slang when typing on AIM or MSN, even emails and yes forum posts. However I am educated enough to know when that language is appropriate and when it is not. I've been in college for two years and have yet to get below a B on a paper because I have common sense enough to know when and where to use slang. I say we quit giving these kids excuses to be stupid and make them use their common sense.

*steps off soapbox* B)

unoriginal thought gets on my nerves.

Yeah, me too!

Oh, and MDesign, for a real life fast food horror story to complement your ketchup mccheese sammiches, go here

i'm making a mental note to stay far away from the taco bell on lindbergh.

I thought of some more

Sports fans who say "we" when they talk about their favorite team. Alot of people do it, but it just gets to me.

Antagonistic fans who root against a team specifically because everyone else likes that team. Example: yesterday, in 6th period the teacher had the big ten tournament on. Ohio State against Penn State. One kid is cheering everytime Penn St. does anything. "I'm a Notre Dame fan" he says. That's great but notre dame isn't playing in this game. Sorry, but if I move to Tennessee, I think i would root for Tennessee if they aren't playing a team I like just because that's where I live. To me they are just being antagonistic.

people like my sister who can't get off the cell phone. Like at the mall. What is so freakin' important that you need 24/7 communication with this person. I use my phone for getting in touch with people, not to carry on 3 hour conversations. That is why my parents like me better.

When a song is absolutely terrible, but every radio station, and everyone you know think it's the greatest thing ever.

fat hecklers at sporting events. Dude look at yourself.

-When I tell someone that smoking is bad for them and they say, "I know, I'm trying to quit" when it's so obvious that they aren't.

-People who get their tounge pierced.

-People who say, "What?" before I'm finished saying what I wanted to them.

-Females who think they are attractive and use that as a license to be a stuck up b***.

-People who judge me when they know nothing about me.