MDesign

What Grinds Your Gears...

21,937 posts in this topic

Attempting to find reasoned debate in YouTube comment sections is impossible, I thought everyone knew this.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, waltere said:

Attempting to find reasoned debate in YouTube comment sections is impossible, I thought everyone knew this.

same thing with yahoo comments (or the matter of fact, any comment section online).  

On 1/7/2016 at 6:37 PM, McCarthy said:

My girlf and I signed a lease on probably the coolest apartment I'll ever live in. Unfortunately we have to wait until February 1st to move in and we're currently living in the basement of her parents' house which feels like I'm living in a sitcom.

FREEDOM! Today is the first day we're allowed to move in and we can't wait until Saturday so we're literally moving in the dark tonight after work. 

Gear grinder: Counting dorm rooms and other college residences this is the 13th time I've moved in the last 10 years. Moving is the worst. I wish I could fast forward to tomorrow. 

4 people like this

It's that wonderful time of the year, folks. Facebook now brings out all the political experts you never knew you were friends with.

1 person likes this

On 01/02/2016 at 6:11 PM, Brass said:

It's that wonderful time of the year, folks. Facebook now brings out all the political experts you never knew you were friends with.

Been there, done that. I found that around the time of the UK General Election last year. Even a Facebook group I'm on, which has nothing to do with politics whatsoever, had suddenly become an army of armchair politicians who were certain that the voting system was broken because they just learned what a politics is, and the actual voting hadn't taken place yet. Even after the election was over and done with, I've had to unfollow said group and a number of people on my friends list because I still kept seeing this crap from people convinced that the election was rigged because such-and-such fringe party that received a tiny percentage of the overall votes didn't get in.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Been there, done that. I found that around the time of the UK General Election last year. Even a Facebook group I'm on, which has nothing to do with politics whatsoever, had suddenly become an army of armchair politicians who were certain that the voting system was broken because they just learned what a politics is, and the actual voting hadn't taken place yet. Even after the election was over and done with, I've had to unfollow said group and a number of people on my friends list because I still kept seeing this crap from people convinced that the election was rigged because such-and-such fringe party that received a tiny percentage of the overall votes didn't get in.

It's essentially made me hate politics. I've had to hide so many people on my feed who are constantly spreading memes about how Bernie Sanders is the second coming of Jesus and how everything he wants to do will go through Congress and everything will be sunshine and rainbows and puppies.

Martin Shkreli has a very punchable face. The man's a real-life supervillain.

3 people like this

The only thing that video proved was that Elijah Cummings is a saint for being able to remain polite enough in dealing with that disrespectful sociopath.

If I was Shkreli, I'd be paranoid about someone with AIDS who would be consumed by revenge and try to infect him somehow by force. The guy made many enemies with his cold-blooded approach to human decency here.

1 hour ago, The Six said:

"Him and Lebron are the best players in the NBA."

I don't know about Lebron, but him is definitely the best.

1 person likes this

Does Him play for Golden State? I'm no NBA expert but I've never heard of him.