What Grinds Your Gears...

• Please log in to reply
20146 replies to this topic

#20141 Sanic

Sanic

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:17

My neighbor's kids screaming like they're about to die.

Stop reading this, it's not like you were forced to anyway.

#20142 cmm

cmm

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:36

Is your neighbor Adrian Peterson?

I'll show myself out.

#20143 McCarthy

McCarthy
  • Hey gimme some warning points

• Members
  • 10,598 posts

• Favourite Logos:Houston Texans
      Hartford Whalers
      Minnesota Wild
      Florida Everblades
      Manitoba Moose

Posted Today, 13:18

My problem with Paul Lukas isn't that he's a uniform traditionalist though that's tired. It's that his analysis is lacking. There are people here who consistently do a better job breaking down uniforms. 

#20144 sparky chewbarky

sparky chewbarky

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted Today, 14:30

I'm slowly beginning to come to the realization I have no friends left in the city. And the few times I do get invited out, it feels more like a generic invite. Sure, a former co-worker of mine invited me over to his place for the Mayweather fight this past weekend, but the only reason he did was because I messaged him on GMail. Had I not, it would've passed just like any other day. Or the time the girlfriend got a FB invite to some party a classmate of hers was having. I asked if she actually got texted from her classmate about it or if it was just one of those invites where you select everyone and low and behold, it was.

Now, perhaps some of you would say it's picky, and I guess to some extent it is. But I just can't feel as compelled to show up when I feel like it wouldn't matter to the host one way or the other. Anytime I was texted about a party or told in person, I always showed up, because I felt like people actually wanted me around because they took a little extra time out to tell me specifically. But now I realize that if my girlfriend wasn't around, there's a very good chance I'd be stuck by myself on the weekends.

I've become so lonely over the last year and it fills me with a very deep sadness. 

Hey...been there many times myself, Alex.

I've also been to many, many get-togethers where the host wouldn't be shocked to see me, but probably didn't even know I was there. 

Gotta be out there to make things happen. Just go.

Also too, life's like a roller coaster. It's never constant...always up and down.

You'll always come out of a down-turn, and more than likely always come back down after a high spell. Peaks and valleys...ups and downs.

Right now, I'm so friggin' busy with parents and kids (the sandwich generation), that I'd love to have a few of those lonely nights back.

But I know they're tough at the time.

Get out when you can and keep in mind that these down days will pass. 

They always do. I've been around long enough to know that.

Take care.

#20145 PhantomDreamer

PhantomDreamer
  • Bring Back the Trident

• Members
  • 811 posts

• Favourite Logos:Mariners Star Trident. Utah Jazz music note. Milwaukee Brewers 'MB' mitt. White Sox batterman.

Posted Today, 16:34

I used to like Lukas but even as a traditionalist, I've grown tired of his schtick. He's even more rigid than I am. Also, his obsession with stirrups is dumb. They look weird and they should be left in the past.

Depends on the cut. Low cut looks good now (Stanford), and it looked good then (Big Red Machine). The 'Josh Outman look' does not.

#20146 Chewbacca

Chewbacca

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted Today, 17:47

I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now. Anyway, I'll say one thing that grinds my gears and honestly, it makes me sick. What grinds my gears is when someone tells people awful false rumors about you and then, on top of those nasty rumors, the people this person or people tell actually believe the lies. 

#20147 CS85

CS85
  • exit through the car dealership

• Members
  • 12,932 posts

Posted Today, 17:51

I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now. Anyway, I'll say one thing that grinds my gears and honestly, it makes me sick. What grinds my gears is when someone tells people awful false rumors about you and then, on top of those nasty rumors, the people this person or people tell actually believe the lies. 

I thought I told you to lock in the auxiliary power? 

BBoGyVR.jpg

twitter